What can i do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i just bought this 92 prelude and i told the guy i was buying it from that i wanted a safety done so i dont get fucked over and i know what im buying and so that i can insure it right away. I need a safety for cars over 12 years or older to be safety in order to be insured. well he got it done and it needed a new ball joint and he said that he fixed it in order to pass safety right. well i didnt check it when i bought it and now i seen it and they obviously didnt fix it and the stuuts like through the upper control arm. i know i shouldn t be driving it like this and i dont think i should be paying for something the mechanic sayed he fixed. is there something that i can do with the mechanic for passing it without being road worthy? somethings not right and im just wondering if theres something i can do? im pretty pissed so just wannna hear your thoughts and ideas.

well he said it pass the requirements so there s nothing he can do. and im sure he wouldn 't wanna do anything. it just kinda pisses me off...

well im looking for a prelude thats parting out. I found a 95 honda accord ex. Do you think the ball joint will work off of it?
thanks

well if the upper ball joint is bad you will probably have to get a new control arm. I know on the accords they are not replaceable.

can you guys just tell me what part i will need to replace, the strut is up and through the upper control arm, its still resting there but its starting to bend so i know i shouldn't drive it. Just makin sure i go out and buy the proper parts
thanks!

take some pics. i dont understand what you mean by the strut is through the upper control arm. The strut should be attached to the upper strut mount not the control arm....i dont get it.

the ball joint is pressed into the assembly. go to honda tell them what you want and go home with your tools and replace it. its all of 3 nuts and 1 cotter pin. have fun!

13ss001_b27.png

PART NUMBER 6 FOR RIGHT SIDE 7 FOR LEFT SIDE

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...tcgry3=2DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=KNUCKLE

Last edited:
your strut is fine....your ball joint is FUCKED. DO NOT DRIVE THAT CAR. if that ball joint breaks in half you are going to be in a world of hurt. I know on the accords that the ball joint is pressed in and can not be replaced without replacing the whole upper control arm.

Go to honda and tell them you need an upper ball joint. They will either sell you the part or tell you that you cant replace the ball joint and have to buy a whole new arm.

51450-SS0-003 6 ARM ASSY., R. FR. (UPPER)
JPN
51460-SS0-003 7 ARM ASSY., L. FR. (UPPER)
JPN
$ 151.11

that is from Honda Parts at HondaPartsDeals.com: Honda Accessory, Honda Car Parts, Honda Auto Parts, Honda Accord Parts

btw the strut runs through the middle of your coil spring. the knuckle is what the upper and lower control arms attach to.

yea thats what i thought i needed. Its pretty fucked. Im glad i noticed it before something really bad happened. I will only have to replace it on one side right? Well if i get a new ball joint cant i just replace the bushing? Oh alright thanks for the help :)

does anyone know for sure if i need to replace the control arm too?
i called a bunch of places and only one place said that the ball joint came with the control arm

You could of searched for some spanking awesome adjustable upper control arms. that way if you were to ever lower the car, you could be able to adjust your camber to prevent so much tire wear. If I'm correct I believe Skunk 2 camber arms, allow for replaceable bolt on ball joints.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?

Yeah that's awesome.

Back