What can i get for a 2000 Accord?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

A friend of mine just bought a 2000 Accord EX V6. IT's a damn nice ride, has all the leather and stuff. So far he's put an all Infinity sound system in it with 2 12's, and put on an AEM CIA. He has looked at a catback system and wants to do some more stuff. I know that parts for the V6 are pretty scarce, but they should be out there. He said he got a price on some headers from someone, but i cant think of who makes them. Does anyone have some knowledge of what is out there for these motors. Of course he's not gonna get all serious with this, just wants a little bit more power than what it has.
Any help would be appreciated.

I'd recommend the Comptech headers, they're leaps and bounds above the two Ebay Specials that you found.

There's not much to be done to that car. Power-wise, you're stuck with intake, headers, and exhaust. A supercharger would do wonders if he wants to spend that cash.

Lots can be found for brakes and suspension. They'd change the behavior of that car alot. Also, some lightweight wheels would help the pickup and handling of the car.

he is considering the SC for it, and i guess is willing to spend the cash, so yeah thats might be another option. thanks for the info that Comptech makes the headers, im gonna get a price on em now. anyone got an opinion about what brands to go with as far as suspension for this car?

damn, i just checked out those headers. the comptechs are $1099. are they that much better? thats a shit load of money for header. Even badass Hooker supercomp smog-legal headers for a V8 don't get that expensive.

It is probably because comptech didn't plan a large production run, and so can't sell them for much less without losing profit. Yes, they are much better, maybe not powerwise (I don't personally know that one for sure), but the quality of the build will make the headers last much longer. OBX sells crap that cracks all kinds, and I've never heard of the other brand.

Back