what can i swap into 89 hf with auto tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vinnyiscool

i have an 89 crx hf with an automatic tranny and i want a new motor but i dont want to go through all the hassles converting it to manual. what should i do

You can do any engine, if its not a d series engine be sure to get an auto tranny with it. if its a d series then use your tranny.

im pretty sure you can get an h22 with a auto tranny and ecu for under $1500 bucks.even with a automatic you would have one quick little crx.

Originally posted by vinnyiscool@Jun 14 2004, 10:19 PM
what about a zc?

The zc is a d series so it will work no problem with your current tranny. Are you sure that your crx is an hf and not a dx? I have never ehard of an auto hf.

ok so lets say i get a zc motor what will i need to put it in like which harness and axles. and what about the vtec with automatic

Originally posted by Jdubspeeds@Jun 15 2004, 01:33 AM
I can tell you how to convert it to manual tranny :)

I can tell you how to swap to manual, I can even located all the parts and sell em to ya for cheap...

Originally posted by vinnyiscool@Jun 14 2004, 10:26 PM
ok so lets say i get a zc motor what will i need to put it in like which harness and axles. and what about the vtec with automatic

the zc doesnt have vtec and u can use your stock axles to run the motor

^^^ It can have vtec. There is an sohc vtec version of the zc. It also comes in a dohc non-vtec version.

also, I'm really damn confused. HF's didn't come with auto trannies. It wasn't an option. Did you or the previous owner swap in an auto tranny?

I'm pretty sure Honda made a GSR engie with an automatic transmission...I think this engine was only sold in Canada but I'm not sure...if you got a hold of one of those that would be phatty...You'd have one quick little CRX...Keep us updated on what you get...

UnlimitedEK9

ok i decided im gonna get the zc now all i need to know is where i can get one for an automatic preferably dohc and an ecu and what ever else ill need thanks guys

does any one have a good site to get this motor? also later on the road if i need new parts (water pump, belts, etc.) what car do i say its for

www.ardperformance.com

1. 1.5 liter sohc zc motor with vtec $895.95 "motor only"130 hp

2. 1.6 dohc zc motor, non vtec $995.95 "motor,ecu,tranny"130 hp

3.b16a with auto tranny, vtec $1295.95"engine,tranny,ecu,axles,shift linkage"160 hp

4.b18c with auto tranny,vtec $2295.95 "engine,tranny,ecu,axles,shift linkage,
178 hp
5.H22 with auto tranny,vtec $1995.95 "engine,tranny,ecu" 200 hp
this is a little list of prices and specs from ard...most everywere shipping is going to be like $300-500 bucks, figure that into your total cost.

Thats right...he was from Canada...sorry about the confusion...The automatic B18C was out of the JDM SiR-G...

UnlimitedEK9

Back