what can i swap into 89 hf with auto tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have yet to see an auto hf....all my information that i have, and that i have ever read says that dx's are the only platform with autos.....I'd like to see pictures of this.

sorry to cause the confusion... i was told when i bought the car its was an hf after looking at hf specs and realizing i had a 16 valve and not 8 i realized it is a dx. hey atleast its 30 more hp than i thought i had.

:withstupid: Its 90 or within 2hp of 90. I can't remember.

what ? no way i used to mess around with my friend all the time he had a stockhf crx.i had a stock 88 dx hb and his car was a little quicker...aside from that doesnt hf stand for high fuel or something similar? plus it was mpfi jst like the si was and the dx is dpfi. ?

Just make it a manual tranny, Its easy as hell and pretty cheap to boot. But hey its your choice. If you want to have something fast and pretty rare, Get a Automatic GSR and swap that baby in there. Nobody ever does that and it'll be a quick chill car. YOU DO YOU!

the hf is so slow due to the 2.9 final drive in the transmission the car is built for economy .....high geared tranny and mpfi with egr. it sports 62hp while the dx sports 92 if you were losing to an hf you car sucked!!!! there is no reason for a dx to lose to an hf unless the hf has had a new head, manifold, ecu, transmission, intake , full exhaust.or you just can drive .my god have you seen the plenum and throttle body on an hf...its most definetly a "high fuel monster" the only way its high fuel , is if its high fuel economy. 16 valves is always better than 8 . you flow more air through the head . thats the reason ppl with SVO mustangs get rid of there 8 valve heads for a 16 valve volvo head.. on top of more flow through the head you also get a swirling action of air and fuel due to the cam lobes on the intake side be a slightly different lift.

the 16 may be better with honda/mustang but not a vw's but thats aside from the point...personally if you are going to swap out your stock motor.you might as well convert it to a manuel. the slush box is always going to loose to a 5 speed"stock cars of course"its really not that bad,you arew swapping motors as it is so might as well throw in a new pedal assembly and convert it.

yeah switchin it to 5 speed would be great but 500 dollars for a straight drop in swap is more in my budget. also i cant go too long with out a car for school and work reasons. later on down the road im gonna get a 91 si this way it will already be 5 speed and have a sunroof B)

Back