What car to reference a B16 SiR engine too?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

$k@m Art1$t

Hey everyone, I have a 1st gen B16 SiR swap planned really soon for my 89 Civic Si. However, I haven't found many sites or articles that show what car to reference the motor and tranny too. Since it's a JDM motor, will parts intended for a USDM Del Sol or 90-91 Integra work? Before I put the motor in, new headers, clutch and flywheel, intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rail, FPR, injectors, and MSD ingnition are going on first. So exactly which parts from which application will work with this motor? This will be good know when changing other parts like water pump, timing belt, spark plugs, etc.

Just get the performance parts for the del sol vtec, as for most of that stuff you just need to get the b series version. For the water pump and timing belt I'm pretty sure they're the same as on the DS VTEC, but check with others to be sure. I've never had an MSD, but if they depend on an obd, get on for an OBD 0 ls, I believe it would work. If you need a distributer (a lot of first gen B16A one are broken when the ship over here) you are going to have to get one on ebay, or from hmotorsonline, a vtec OBD 0 dizzy was never offered here in the states. Hope this gives you some info,

Ian

When buying sensors, most of the time you'll find the 90 LS teg stuff to be a perfect match..... water pump (i know this from experiance) 95vtec del sol, and i think i used a timeing belt from an LS w/ that pump.... sometimes it just takes some patiance and knowing someone at the parts store to help you match things up....

The thermostat housing is different on the 1st gen B16A, so watch out for that. I think the 90-93 LS one will work, but I am not sure.

Originally posted by ChrisSiR@Feb 19 2004, 12:56 PM
When buying sensors, most of the time you'll find the 90 LS teg stuff to be a perfect match..... water pump (i know this from experiance) 95vtec del sol, and i think i used a timeing belt from an LS w/ that pump.... sometimes it just takes some patiance and knowing someone at the parts store to help you match things up....

I don't think the T belt from the LS will work, I believe that the block height is different, so it wouldn't fit...

Ian

Originally posted by Iquark+Feb 19 2004, 09:54 PM-->
@Feb 19 2004, 12:56 PM

I don't think the T belt from the LS will work, I believe that the block height is different, so it wouldn't fit...

Ian

:werd:

Wow, thanks for all the fast replies, this forum rocks! Well, sounds like a jigsaw puzzle to me as far as the replacement parts go. Do you think it's worth it to just get a B16A2 or B18C1 with a hydro tranny? My uncle is a machinest and could fabricate the tubes and parts needed to convert the car to a hydrolic transmission but is it worth it? I'd love the extra torque the B18 gives and would prefer to have a newer 94+ motor instead of one from the 4th generation. Seems like it would be a lot easier to get parts for that motor as well. Let me know guys, thanks.

also, i used to work at autozone and for some weird reason the part #'s on the waterpump for a Del Sol vtec and 99-00 Si are different, go figure :ph34r:

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Feb 21 2004, 05:05 AM
also, i used to work at autozone and for some weird reason the part #'s on the waterpump for a Del Sol vtec and 99-00 Si are different, go figure :ph34r:

I ordered a warterpump for a Del Sol and they sent me the one for a ITR :blink:

doesn't surprise me, only thing autozone has going for them are their warranties...autozone can kiss my ass

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Feb 20 2004, 11:05 PM

If i remember right.. its because the sprockets are 2 diff sizes..... thus the diff part #'s (si has a smaller sprocket, Del sol has a bigger one) either way, the del sol one is the one you need for your b16

and on my oops in my previous post, i'll have to double check part #'S but im pretty sure i used the LS timeing belt on my b16..... w/o any problems

Originally posted by ChrisSiR+Feb 27 2004, 10:01 PM-->
B16RacerN2NR
@Feb 20 2004, 11:05 PM

If i remember right.. its because the sprockets are 2 diff sizes..... thus the diff part #'s (si has a smaller sprocket, Del sol has a bigger one) either way, the del sol one is the one you need for your b16

and on my oops in my previous post, i'll have to double check part #'S but im pretty sure i used the LS timeing belt on my b16..... w/o any problems

naw, i know for sure the ls timing belt will not work...ls is a taller block...the ls belt is too long

yea i found that site a few days ago when i had to replace my alternator, and didn't know which one to match it up to, very helpful.

Back