what clutch to buy?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

finally got the ecu and exhaust leak issues solved. now only problem is stock clutchslips like crazy. I was wondering whats a good clutch. My setup is a turbo'd b16 , im at 6 pounds of boost. ill prolly be trning it up to eight. What kind of clutch would be a good choice?
thanks
p.s. im a noob

personally i like exedy mine grabs crazy - but alot of people use clutchmasters and they are also very good clutches it all depends on how much $$ you want to spend

Clutch Specialties makes excellent clutches.

I have a CS Stage 2 clutch. They custom make clutches to your application and hp expectations, sprung hub or unsprung however you want it. 4 or 6 puck, whatever you want.

Stage 2 clutch is good for 300whp and 250 ft. lbs. of torque.
I picked mine up for $260 clutch disc and pressure plate.

Stage 3 clutch is good for I think over 450whp and about 350 ft. lbs. of torque

Anyway with a turbo b16 boostin 8lbs, you won't be hitting 300whp or anywhere near 250 ft. lbs. of torque. All my friends and I use Clutch Specialties clutches and wouldn't trust our cars to any other clutch.

ACT gives you nice options to mix and match for your driving choice. Exedy, as an OEM supplier makes excellent quality as you would expect.. I think thier ultralight flywheels are the best around. I would have to say definately stay AWAY from Clutchmasters. The stage 1 I put in my (N/A) car for good measure when I got the ultralight flywheel, scattered after 5000 miles, I threw the used OEM one back in there and 50K more miles, it's still in there.

what stage clutch should get ? ive been looking into the exedy ones. What would yall recommend? (dont know why i used the word yall)

i have a friend with a stage 2 3 disc unsprung clutch for a b16. how much you lookin to spend? he is lookin to sell and he visits this site.

get a stage 2 exedy, stage 1 will hold but if you ever up the boost you'll appreciate the extra clamping power

I sell alot of ACT Extreme pressure plates with the street disk. It give the clamping power you need for light boost applications without beating the piss out of your tranny with too agressive of a disk.

Back