What Color for my Accord?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
I've got a 92 Accord LX, no body kits or wings. I have carbon fiber style Altezza's(the stockers were growing stuff inside). My New Rims are polished face six spoke ADR DTM's. I haven't installed them yet.

My original color was "Rosewood Brown" metallic. The interior is reddish.

I want something that is better than stock, but not :ghey:
I'm leaning towards white, white w/pearl, silver metallic, silver pearl, or any other suggestions. I love black, but it's just too friggin hot. I don't like primered cars. Cost won't be a huge issue, since I do my own paintwork.

classy, nice, slightly eyecatching. Like a Lexus, Caddy, Acura, or some other tight looking factory job. Open to suggestions, and I might take a Poll at a later date.

Are you going to be ripping the car apart to it's bare self and then painting EVERYTHING... like even door panels, sills, trunk, engine bay, etc etc?

If not...do something thats close to your stock color. If you are, then go with white, Championship White to be exact. Oh yeah. :)

I will do everything except the engine bay. By that, I mean I'm not going to go painting around the engine with it in the car. Maybe later. I will paint the hood inside and out, fenders past the bolts to the edge, and the bulk of the radiator core. Trunk lid, door sills, etc will also be painted. What is championship white like?

I would do a light grey, or graphite. Not too dark, but not silver either. And not as shiny as silver....

Here is a photo of championship white

s40907218ef431.jpg

It's a kind of pearl/cream white. Not that bright of a white, kind of off white almost.

I personally like it.

Candy apple red would be cool :) But not sure how that would look with your interior.

I have a 90 with the original Frost white paint on it and a redish / more like maroon interior. I could use a paint job one of these days myself. I looked into getting the Pearl white that comes on the 1999 Chrysler Van that I have. I love the white pearl paint. But it's a tri-phase color or something wacky like that and paint bids were close to 10K for painting it with that type of paint. WTH I said! Lowest paint job I've found now is around $2K and they paint it the exact same frost white color.

Here's a link to my car page for my 90 accord.

my 90 accord frost white

Bruce

Yeah, my interior is very similar in color, although I think it changed slightly from 90 ex to 92 EX. My car is LX, but I swapped out the entire interior for 92 EX interior. About the same color, but still, not quite the same. It's nice now, was shitty before.

So here I am. Nice interior, brake upgrades, full stainless exhaust, H22A +H22A auto LSD tranny, and dented up stock paint. :(

Here's my new wheels too:) <<<<Clicky

And, I do my own paintwork, so 10k is out of the question. I am not afraid to pay a decent amount for the paint, cuz the labor is me........Caddy pearl white?

I wish I had access to a paint booth so I could paint my own as well but then again I'm not really practiced at painting cars. Yeah 10K was insane. I'd want some insane paint job for 10K!

How about Katty Pearl White to go with your Avatar ;)

I assume that you will be painting all the molding on the sides and bumpers to match correct?

I even thought it might look good to paint the chrome around the windows to match but not sure what that would look like.

BTW: Nice wheels! My Enkie Atorias are a pain to clean and stick out too much as they are easy to scrape on curbs! Plus they weigh 45lbs with the tire each. The less metal material to clean the better so you should be able to keep those nice looking. Any idea what your wheels weigh each?
You got a good price on the bid win as long as they charge you reasonably for shipping.

the bumpers, yes indeedy. The moulding and chrome, I honestly didn't even think about it. I will say probably to the moulding, and no idea to the chrome. I may paint the wheels to match the silvery background of the wheel to the car. The face of the spokes is aluminum clearcoated, and I'll keep them that way.

Um, I think they are about 22 lbs a piece, no tire. Haven't weighed them. They are nice. I paid $60 to ship all three to WA state. So, $262 for all three wheels to get them here. My buddy has three more for me.

sweet.

You should come down to the May 1st import drag at Woodburn dragstrip. nwmaxima.com is putting on some events and I'm going to be racing some of them with my 95 accord h22a. The again hot import nights is May 1st up in WA so I suppose you'll be going to that?

BTW: You should go to acura.com and do some price and build on their TL's as they have some nice colors to see on cars on screen there.

here's abyss blue pearl blue
carshot_tl_2004_tlabyssblue_B-527P.jpg

Hot import nights is cool, but overpriced for a Teenager fest. Lots of loud exhaust, that's for sure. Whereabouts is Woodburn? What does it cost to run?

I like that blue, I have something similar planned for my classic restoration project. Candys and pearls are just fucking tite. :D

Yeah I saw that car at a home depot the other night in the same blue and thought man that's nice looking.

I'm getting off topic here but here's some quick info.

woodburn is about 20 miles south of portland right off the i-5 freeway.

I'll be there from about 8am-5pm with a hondapitstop.com booth/canopy.

It's $10 for a competition # good for the racing season and $25 for the event.

It's a nice track. Better than PIR for dragging.

Here's some links
woodburndragstrip.com

also here's the scoop on nwmaxima.com events no charge to register with them as you just pay the normal woodburn dragstrip fees but you get to race in special nwmaxima.com lanes.
http://www.nwmchallenge.com

I didn't even know about that meet, or hot import nights. I would have planned on it. I'll give it some thought though. :p

Back