What complications are there with LSVTEC?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iwant2eatv8s

I have a 96 SE(LS) Integra and want my car to go faster. I was thinking about sticking a GSR head onto my integra which actually makes it faster than a stock GSR and adding that extra oil line that would be needed and adjusting the ECU. The problem is that I live in Cali., and it is "illegal" to do such a thing, according to the Acura dealership, although they said I probably would not be caught. My question is what problems might I encounter if I do such a thing? Should I go with a GSR tranny instead? Please help!

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Oct 1 2003, 03:30 PM
do a search. type "ls/vtec". tons of threads on this swap and no it isn't illegal.

Yes, head swaps ARE smog illegal in California.

not if you use the same year or newer head ,ecu and emissions equipment. it all has to be either from the same year or newer as the chassis its going into.

They are still illegal. In Cali you cannot run any cylinder head except for the one that came on your block from the factory.

another reason that cali sucks
why does cali care so much about smog, and most of the other states aren't so strict about it? :bash:

Originally posted by ek9r@Oct 2 2003, 01:25 PM
another reason that cali sucks
why does cali care so much about smog, and most of the other states aren't so strict about it? :bash:

because california has alot more residents as well as people who do drive in the state... this is their "magical" way of trying to control issues with our ozone...

as well as the EPA wanting to help preserve everything in the US

EPA see's cali as a problem state with too many inhabitants

:)

people say thet hate cali, but i love it... there are ways to get around the law... if you wanna do the ls/vtec then you need to stop worrying about smog issues in cali... start by calling a few shops in your area... and you will find a place that is willing to do it as well as a place that is experienced

try some of the places in my signature below

Back