what could I have bought with $650....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sLuShBoXtEgGy said:
I never leave shit anywhere. I lost my wallet once in 4th grade with like $60 bucks and learned. I also never keep more than $100 in it. If I think I might be making a big purchase than it goes in a envelope that I either keep on me or lock in the glove box.

This makes me think of something that happened at work tonight though. I was busy as hell all night (I'm a server at Bertucci's) and I finally get around to cleaning one of my tables and closing out the check. Well I found a $20 on the floor under the table. I felt bad because the table had been 4 seriously cool old ladies (ordered 4 beers and a Lg pizza, haha), but they had left 20-30 minutes before. I almost wished they came back because I felt bad about getting a $25 on a $23 check.

I find money under tables all the time. Most of the time it's a few dollar bills maybe a 5 or if Im lucky a 20. However, the best I found under a table was $550.00. I held onto the money for a long time hoping they'd come back (they were nice people) however being that I've never seen them before I figured they were from out of town. I'm the GM so I did what I could and... well no contact info or anything other then cash......

BTW Bertucci sucks. however, as for making money waiting there I dont think it would be too bad. but the food is over priced and over rated for what you get.
It was one of the very few places I've been where it has just hands down been nothing more then bland to so so. best part was the bread.

jeffie7 said:
I find money under tables all the time. Most of the time it's a few dollar bills maybe a 5 or if Im lucky a 20. However, the best I found under a table was $550.00. I held onto the money for a long time hoping they'd come back (they were nice people) however being that I've never seen them before I figured they were from out of town. I'm the GM so I did what I could and... well no contact info or anything other then cash......

BTW Bertucci sucks. however, as for making money waiting there I dont think it would be too bad. but the food is over priced and over rated for what you get.
It was one of the very few places I've been where it has just hands down been nothing more then bland to so so. best part was the bread.
Everyone and their mother says that. And I know it sucks, I work there and will eat very little of the menu. The money is good though.

And about the 4 beers and plain pie for 23, I think they had a $5 off coupon. I have never heard of Bertucci's for having good prices on pizza or beer.

i mean shit, 4 beers @ 3.25 for a bottle of bud, to 4.50 for a pint of something good.... there's nothing left for the pie!

3.25 a bottle? Thats almost strip club prices.

Beer around here is $1.25 a bottle domestic, $1.75 imported... Give or take a little. Unless you're eating at Chili's. Those fuckers here overcharge the crap out of beer. $7.50 20 oz drafts.. I could slap the owner.

ANYWAY, you going to go buy an AR15 now? Its like its free!

normal bar = 3.25-3.50 for bud bottles. i don't drink draft beer, so i dont know prices on that.
strip club = $4.50 buds, $7-$8 top shels mixers like grey goose and shit.

you can also buy a house for 40k in texas... you can't even buy a doublewide for 40k up here...

yup.

Strip club beer here is usually $5.00 a bottle.. Then the waitress stands there with her palm out for a tip.. By the time its all said and done you're spending $8.00 a beer. Otherwise the chick won't come back, and the beer runs dry. But I never go into the cheap clubs, I try to stay around the higer class joints. No scrubs to deal with, and usually 99% hawt chicks. (read, no fugly chick trying to drag you to a back room to slob your knob for a billion dollars)

But generally speaking, texas is a very cheap place to live. And no state tax to boot! You get to keep more of your hard earned $$$.

phyregod said:
yup.

Strip club beer here is usually $5.00 a bottle.. Then the waitress stands there with her palm out for a tip.. By the time its all said and done you're spending $8.00 a beer. Otherwise the chick won't come back, and the beer runs dry. But I never go into the cheap clubs, I try to stay around the higer class joints. No scrubs to deal with, and usually 99% hawt chicks. (read, no fugly chick trying to drag you to a back room to slob your knob for a billion dollars)

But generally speaking, texas is a very cheap place to live. And no state tax to boot! You get to keep more of your hard earned $$$.

yeah texas is cheap to live, but minimum wage sucks ass. it's $5.15 an hour. you earn a lot less there. here in washington it's $7.63 an hour. DOL WHD: Minimum Wage Laws in the States

pissedoffsol said:
7.15 here...

i'm really considering moving south somewhere.... and just living off hondaswap... lol

probably could with all the new members. my company sucks. our company is based out of kansas so they base everything off of midwest salary. when you start, they start you at $2000/month. you are rich if you make that much over there. pretty weak because you still have to pay taxes out of that.

pissedoffsol said:
7.15 here...

i'm really considering moving south somewhere.... and just living off hondaswap... lol

Well, how "work from home" is your job going to become? Move south, keep the job, comparatively, you'd be freakin loaded.

i don't want to move though... i like my area, and all my freinds and family are in the area.

florodia = plywood
bamma/miss/lousis= no thanks
arkanasa = you got a peeeerty mouth... no thanks.
va/sc/nc/ga = too hot and no tmuch cheaper.
kentucky?

yeah! kentucky!

wait, they don't have internet there yet....

so really, theres no where for me to go anyway.

we charge $1.99 for sodas, 2.99 for a beer(any, bottle or draft) 3.49 for a glass of wine. and 3.49 for a mixed frozen drink.

Haha @ Prem bottles are $5.00 at my work, Prem drafts are $4.50.
Domestic beer besides yuenling is $3.50/draft, $4.00/bottle.

My work even considers Yuengling to be a premium beer.

House Chianti, White Zine, and Chardonnay are $4.25/glass
Kendal Jackson chardonay is $7.50 a glass.

Prem tinis are $8.50 - top shelf stuff like belvidere and the goose, but also has kettle one for the same price.
Classic tinis with call class liquor are $7.50

Anything thats a blend of premium liquor is going to be ~$7.50 like a LIT.

Ounce pours start at $4.50 for well liquor which is smirnoff, absolute, j&b, etc.
Ounce and a half pours (rock pours) start at $5.00

Since when is Absolut well liquor? Most Upgraded Open Bars use Absolut where as the Classic is the cheap shit. IDK still my Favorite.

sLuShBoXtEgGy said:
Since when is Absolut well liquor? Most Upgraded Open Bars use Absolut where as the Classic is the cheap shit. IDK still my Favorite.

Smirnoff isn't that cheap either, but its well. It even won that blindfolded taste test when compared to grey goose and belvidere, among other vodkas.

Well and call liquors are both good liquors at my restaurant. They really don't stock anything thats not a big name.

We have all the flavored absoluts, smirnoffs, etc.

We don't have the Grey Goose citron/lemon though, other places like Applebees do Lemon Drop grey goose tinis.

Back