1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what did I do wrong? still brake issue

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by red91efhatch, Feb 23, 2009.

1. red91efhatch

red91efhatch New Member

I know it's getting old me and my brakes.... but now i'm running into an issue where after driving the car from 10-20 minutes the pedal gets rock hard and all four wheels lock up. here's my setup where did I go wrong?Rear disc conversion from DA,Stock EF front calipers,DA non abs 40/40 prop valve,ef civic EX 15/16 bore master cylinder,brake booster ef civic EX, now I am planning on adding the DA front calipers anyone know what may be causing all four to lock up and pedal stiff? any advice is appreciated

2. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

My Civic would sometimes do that. I narrowed it down to a vacuum problem.

3. red91efhatch

red91efhatch New Member

ok, care to elaborate? I have checked the check valve and seems to flow fine also

4. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

It was a while ago, and I don't know what caused it exactly, but sometimes the pedal would just get stiff as hell. I could rev the motor a little bit and it would soften. We deduced it was a vacuum leak, because under higher rpm's it was fine, but once it got to an idle it would get hard again. I sold the car, so I never really looked into it more than that...

5. ntenc1

ntenc1 New Member

check valve on the brake booster is probrably letting air into the booster killing the vacuum which it operates off of when the car is sitting.

6. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

yeah that little valve in your brake boosters vacuum line can cause that problem.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted