What did your compression test read?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by n20hatch@Aug 5 2005, 11:35 PM
JDM obd1 b16a
cyl 1 180
cyl 2 80
cyl 3 125
cyl 4 160

Woot woot, headgasket and rings on cyl 2 lol
[post=536454]Quoted post[/post]​

thats really low for a b16. granted the blown HG, but geeze.

Originally posted by DTEC@Jul 27 2005, 09:37 AM
Manual says compression tests should be done when the engine is at operating temp. I'll bet half of you did it while cold. Which is why everyone's readings seem high...
[post=531890]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah, mine was done right- and the numbers are spot-on. :)

My B18a1 before I blew it the fuck up

180, 181, 180, 181

My B18b1 before it got jacked

185, 184, 182, 185

Yes I had some nice fresh motors.

Well, I FINALLY got around to the compression test. Every time I got time to do it something would come up...

I warmed up the engine to operating temperature. Let the engine pump 5 times each time, and did multiple tests on each cylinder.

This is a B18A1 with deshrouded valves, polished combustion chambers, and shaved head... on with the results:

#1 190 PSI
#2 195 PSI
#3 190 PSI
#4 195 PSI

I'm not terribly impressed. Sure its better numbers than a stock b18a1, but I was expecting higher because of the shaved head. I told the machine shop to shave it as much as possible, without causing engine problems. I suppose they must have been concervative with it. Also, the material removed in the deshrouding and polishing/smoothing process must be making a difference.

Hey, at least my engine's compression gets a clean bill of health. :D

Sorry it took me so damned long.

thats not a bad reading.

I would have been happy with it, I never did a Comp. test after I started building my old LS-T, but I wasn't expecting more than 200 psi in each cyl.

whats gd guys im new and what not i have a 93 integra da9 stock ls that i know. i bought it for 1500 umm had it for like 8months umm ran it at the track ran a 15.4 on street tires i did a compression test 200,190,190,205 motor was alil warm throttle wide open does that mean sumthing was done to this motor it has 230,000 miles on it got it off an older guy. runs hard i beat two crxs one ls the other b16

Stock compression on a LS is 160-180PSI

Might have something done or might have a lot of carbon buildup.

Only way to find out is to remove he head.

Pressure numbers will always change. In warmer climates or a warm engine, numbers are usually higher.

Old thread...

BUT

Those readings will be different depending on gauge, climate, cams, etc- quite a few more factors than just compression.

Back