What do I Do With A RAR file?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

I am DL'ing a few discographies on demonoid.com, but they are .rar files. how do i change them to mp3? Isn't a .rar like a .zip? Do i need winrar?

Originally posted by senate_9427@Dec 8 2004, 03:16 AM
I am DL'ing a few discographies on demonoid.com, but they are .rar files. how do i change them to mp3? Isn't a .rar like a .zip? Do i need winrar?
[post=428310]Quoted post[/post]​

I believe rar is kinda like zip files.

you need to download a rar program to decode them.

Yeah, they are like a zip file.

I use WINrar to open them

I have no clue if it's part of windows or not but since i had to install it separately im gonna say no.

:withstupid:

That's where I got mine from too. However, for some reason, the site is down right now. I just checked. <_<

Cool, thanks. that just helped me get like 20 more albums. Damn, B thanks for letting me know about the BT. this is the coolest shit. I dont think I'll ever even used the old style P2P programs again. Just got Dodgeball, and I'm watching it right now, too.

yeah i think i'm gonna buy it. the one i dl'ed has all the text in another language, but isn't subtitled. it's still annoying though, and i want to watch it in better quality, it gets on my nerves

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 8 2004, 05:51 PM
lol- i watched dodgeball last night. it was pretty funny.
[post=428787]Quoted post[/post]​

"donde esta la biblioteca, Pedro?"
"nobody makes me bleed my own blood, nobody"
"real FREAKY naughty"

LOL, i love that movie.

Hey can i make a regular audio cd from .wma files or do they have to be mp3. BTW i use Nero, will it do this?

w00t

Almost done downloading FLCL... forgot to turn Azureus back on this morning.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Dec 8 2004, 07:15 PM
Hey can i make a regular audio cd from .wma files or do they have to be mp3. BTW i use Nero, will it do this?
[post=428958]Quoted post[/post]​

Not the version I have.

Back