What do I have sirI or sirII

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

Hi all,

I bought a JDM b16a head online. I am trying to figure out if it is a SirI or SIRII. What marks would I look for??? Either way it was a good deal only 300. I am working towards an LS/vtec setup. I have a 95 ls complete setup in my 95 ls :). I just got the head so soon I will be putting them together. Also can anyone tell me what parts I should replace when I build up the LS/vtec motor?

thx
dave

PS I am going all motor and sticking with oem honda parts (type r of course B) )

I only have the head. Inside the head on vtec silanoid side it has a 30 inside if that helps.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 11 2003, 04:54 AM
pr3-4 means its an obd0, and an sirI (if its even an sir).

No, it fucking doesn't, don't say shit you don't know. Mine is from a 93 VTi and it has PR3-4 on it, I told you this yesterday that's just a casting code. ITR's have PR3-3, does that mean they're OBD 0 <_<

What color are the plugs? If they are whiteish then it is more than likely OBD 0, if they are grey than it is more that likely OBD I. I say "more than likely" because the intake manifold, distributor, could have been change. But aside from the electronic components there is no difference.

And another tidbit of info, SiR and SiRII are trim levels for civics 89-00, like DX, Si, LX, etc...they don't designate generation, only options availible on the car.

Alright well to make life a lil harder there isn't a colored plug on the vtec silanoid besides the green one. Any other suggestions on how I can figure out what head I have?

Back