What do I need to get bar'd?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DuffmanIVXX

I have this '88 Civic that has a '90 Civic motor in it. I went to get it smoged, so I can sell it, and they're telling me it has to get bard. I got it smoged in October with no issues, but now I'm having issues. I have all paper work for the motor and it passes the sniffer test no problem. What parts will I need to get it to pass? Do I need to get everything done before I see the smog ref or will they tell me what I need to do?

Take it to your local referee station for an inspection... they will make sure all the emissions equipment is hooked up... since its a stock motor from a newer year it should pass fairly easy if no corners were cut.. its when u swap motors from different models is when it gets tricky... im surprised they sent u to the referee... referee will smog it as well

Because its basically a stock replacement

Call this number and make an appointment 8006227733 .. the referree station should be at a nearby community college... i bar'd my old hatch with a jdm b16, so stock replacement should pass with zero problems

Gotcha. Yeah, I was kinda surprised too. Dude was hella by the book. Last guy smoged it no problem. Thanks for the number, hopefully I can get it bard with no issues. Then I can sell it for more. Haha

150$ and someone to look the other way.

Did he red flag you?

Did you mention the new motor or is he that educated?

I've had two different b-series motors in my hatch (12 year span). Never bar'd it. Kept my mouth shut....passed the sniffer and that's it.

Back