what do i need to swap a 92 integra engine in a 90

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

240mph

ok first i wanna say whats up to everyone here.

my problem is this i have two integras one is a 92 obd1 and the other is 90 obd0.my main question is this; what do i need to do to complete my swap .putting the 92 engine in the 90 body.what wires do i need to change or extend.or anything.thanks

Originally posted by 240mph@Jan 15 2005, 05:04 PM
my problem is this i have two integras one is a 92 obd1 and the other is 90 obd0.my main question is this; what do i need to do to complete my swap .putting the 92 engine in the 90 body.what wires do i need to change or extend.or anything.thanks
[post=446129]Quoted post[/post]​

It depends on what electronics you want to go with. If you want to use the OBD0 electronics, you will need to keep the OBD0 distributor, 1 wire O2 sensor and ecu.

If you want to go to OBD1, you will need an OBD0-1 conversion harness and use the OBD1 distributor, 4 wire O2 sensor and OBD1 ecu.

The injectors are optional between OBD0 and OBD1. Let me know if you need a harness or some more information for this swap.

Jason
OBD Conversion Harnesses
www.JKobdconversionharness.com

What do you mean by 'the injectors are optional between obd0 and obd1'?

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 17 2005, 12:25 AM
What do you mean by 'the injectors are optional between obd0 and obd1'?
[post=446688]Quoted post[/post]​

The injectors and ecu are not dependant on what OBD you run. If you run the OBD0 injectors, you must keep the resistor box in the curcuit. If you run the OBD1 injectors, then you must solder the 5 wires together at the resistor box and remove it. You can run OBD1/2 injectors with an OBD0 ecu and vice versa.

Jason

yea just swap it to OBD0 much easer.... Just get the injectors, Dist. alt. and ECU.. much much less headache :thumbsup:

Back