1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do i need

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by preludebuddy, Feb 10, 2005.

1. preludebuddy

preludebuddy Senior Member

I'm gonna go turbo with my teg, I'm hoping to get a full race kit. I want about 250-300 hp. I'm planning on running uberdata for a little bit until i have the funds to upgrade to neptune. I've got a walbro fuel pump coming, am i gonna need a fuel pressure regulator? I was thinking 550cc injectors but I have no idea what kind, like i have no idea about the saturated kind or anything. any help with those would be great. what else am i gonna need to make the setup work?

2. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

If you get a Full-Race kit, 300hp is more then attainable, they are great quality and make power. If you are getting a fuel pump you might as well get a fuel pressure regulator, to get the pressure tuned right. The Walbro might cause the pressure to go up a few PSI.

As far as injectors, i would get something like a 650cc for your setup. 550cc will work, but if you're like me, you are going to want more power and leaving a little room for improvement is always good.

As far as saturated or peak&hold, saturated are only available up to 750cc's because of the slow response of saturated as far as opening and closing, in which peak&hold is better in higher power applications. After that only peak and hold are available and you will have to wire in a resistor box if you plan on keeping your Honda ECU.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

using a full race kit and neptune for a 250-300 hp goal is just, well, a waste of money. you don't need all that stuff.

what are you doing to your bottom end?

4. preludebuddy

bottom end... nothing now. eventually i will build the bottom end, but right now i'm just focusing on the turbo before the summer. I've thought of putting together my own kit, i still might. i was actually looking at a t3/t04e locally. its got a 57 trim and .63 exhaust housing. would this work well with the gsr motor?

5. formby

formby learning in progress

you should build your block first.....i believe that if you build the block first @ 9.8:1 or if you have aem or microtech or even hondata you could get a way with 10 flat CR(correct me if i'm wrong) you can run the limit on most simple kits and achieve the best performance from a kit like the full race version....

..IMO i think the block can be one of the most expensive things you can buid....so do it first and get it out of the way....i wish i did.....

but for your hp goal..better rings or just a simple refreshing of the engine should do

i just think its better to upgrade at a later date with out having to worry about the block....just more psi

6. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

A full race kit is a total waste to run 10 PSI on a stock block. Get a smaller turbo that is driveable not that laggy huge ass T3/T67. FWIW, I would never lower compression on a GSR to run less than 1 bar.

7. preludebuddy

i wasnt gonna go with the stage three kit for sure. probably just stage two. but someone should let me know about the t3/t04e turbo, if it'll work well with the gsr engine.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted