what do u do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Going to be a sophmore in college. I currecntly work in a Bio Lab at Iowa State University under my ex-gf's dad. Nepitism anyone :)

It'd only be nepitism in a technical context if it was your own father...

But hey, however you can get a job. It's not getting any better, that's for sure.

I no longer pick books, and I no longer drive delivery. Tomorrow I start my new job as a pest control technician (easy shit). and I sent my resume to Comcast to be a Dispatcher, so If I get that call I'm taking that job. We'll see.

Dimenionalist, basically converting conventional 2D films to 3D... and Assistant Manager in a GameStop (currently in the process of being phased out of my life)

intranet applications developer / DBA / web developer / just about anything relating to IT, applications, support, phones, routers, phone lines, CSU/DSU, and interactive scripting.

overworked, underpaid.
overskilled, under concentrated

the usual IT guy...

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 4 2005, 11:04 AM
Going into my second year of College, current major: Materails Science and Engineering

In the summer, I work at a country club where I drift golf carts.
[post=520382]Quoted post[/post]​

What do you want to do with materials science and engineering?

Freshman in College. Going into Construction Management. I'll be pulling with my dad to put together a custom residential company in the far off future.

At the moment I am a Customer Service Associate at Lowe's in Lumber and Mill Works, but once I find a Union Job I'll be leaving.

Network Engineer for a certain bankrupt Cable ISP that has been sold.
I look at the bright side. I get to spend the next few years bringing both companies networks together (Hopefully :unsure: )

Originally posted by preluderjs+Jul 6 2005, 03:00 AM-->
asmallsol
@Jul 4 2005, 11:04 AM
Going into my second year of College, current major: Materails Science and Engineering

In the summer, I work at a country club where I drift golf carts.
[post=520382]Quoted post[/post]​

What do you want to do with materials science and engineering?
[post=521289]Quoted post[/post]​

At this point, I am not 100% certain. Since I haven't been in the classes (first year is mostly general engineering and your core classes) I haven't been able to find an area to specialize in. Every materials engineer that I have talked to has said, once you decide that the major is right for you, try and specialize in some area like laminets (carbon fiber, kevlar, ect) ceramics, ploymers, ect. Then go from there. Adam (pills_pmd) focused on composite materials when he graduated. Now he is working with a company making armor. People who might work with ceramics have opertunitys making brake rotors. As of right now, I haven't been in the program long enough to decide.

I think i started one of these also. I Build houses, remodeling, I do sheetrock roofing, wood flooring,siding (any),driveways,etc you know the typical mexican stuff. :lol: no but for real i do all these things. I've been working in Maggie Vally N.C, Prt. St Joe, Milton florida and anywhere in between. If i ever get tired im gonna work at a Autozone or something (car related).

Soon to be a freshman at URI - Mechanical Engineering/German - double major.

:blink:

Yeah, and as my daily grind right now, I'm an assitant produce manager at my local Shaw's supermarket. I know it's nothing special, but I have seniority of most of my staff, and I'm only 18. Benefits are good, and $13 an hour ain't bad.

I work at pizza place making $6/hr. Shitty pay but the people are cool as hell and all the food is 50% off for me and 25% off for family and friends. Its also way better than my last job at kroger. Horrible management, stuck up bitches for cashiers, and really stupid/annoying customers.

When I quit they told me I will never be allowed to work at kroger again. I was seriously about to explode from holding back my laughter.

Word of advise- never work for a grocery store unless your a gm or something like that because they treat you like slaves if your a bagger/cashier.

Yeah, the only really shitty thing about my job, is that I don't have a regular mon-fri schedule, as many of you do. Often I'll work 13 days straight, have 2 off, and then work another 8. Shift times are a little sucky as well. At least once a week, I'll need to come in at 5am to help the manager setup the new displays for the week sales. Don't even mention inventory. 3am-11am. :angry:

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Jul 4 2005, 11:57 AM
junior in college as well at temple u in philly...

and i work as an intern/producer at an insurance brokerage where i will be working full time once i graduate
[post=520397]Quoted post[/post]​

Nice.

My girlfriend's best friend goes to Temple.

You go to Live8 this last weekend? I was pimping it on Foutaine street and walking the mean streets of philly all weekend.

I'm a server/waiter. I bang da bitches too. :ph34r:

It was the same at kroger with me. The schedules were never the same, always understaffed for the busy times, and they gave me pretty shitty ass hours. Not to mention the break schedule was totally fucked. They would have us take lunch first then go with the 2 15's that would be given like 45 minuts after you lunch. It was really shitty working there.

Back