what do u do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I work in the shipping department of a computer company that the corporate office has deceided to shut down the colorado plants.

I also am a assocate of prepaid legal

Well right now, I don't do anything. Yup that's right. This place just dicked me over so I get to fill out more applications tomorrow. yay for being screwed twice in two months!

I do calibration and metrology for a large calibration company. We do onsite calibration year round as well as bring in equipment from companys.
We can calibrate just about anything: temperature/humidity, torque, physical/dimensional equipment, electrical, rf, fiber optic, magnetics, liquid & gas flow and saftey equipment.

Assistant at Post-Production studio in Hollywood basically they throw me wherever they need me Edit, Audio just not Telecine.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jul 6 2005, 07:41 AM-->
Originally posted by preluderjs@Jul 6 2005, 03:00 AM
asmallsol
@Jul 4 2005, 11:04 AM
Going into my second year of College, current major: Materails Science and Engineering

In the summer, I work at a country club where I drift golf carts.
[post=520382]Quoted post[/post]​

What do you want to do with materials science and engineering?
[post=521289]Quoted post[/post]​

At this point, I am not 100% certain. Since I haven't been in the classes (first year is mostly general engineering and your core classes) I haven't been able to find an area to specialize in. Every materials engineer that I have talked to has said, once you decide that the major is right for you, try and specialize in some area like laminets (carbon fiber, kevlar, ect) ceramics, ploymers, ect. Then go from there. Adam (pills_pmd) focused on composite materials when he graduated. Now he is working with a company making armor. People who might work with ceramics have opertunitys making brake rotors. As of right now, I haven't been in the program long enough to decide.
[post=521352]Quoted post[/post]​

Working with rotors would be pretty tight. I was just wondering cause im doing mechanical engineering to get into the auto industry too. minoring in sociolog just cause thats interesting and hopefully getting a masters in motorsports engineering. Jobs I've seen in the industry want ME degrees, but its probably good to go a more specialized route than others too.

and to stay on topic, i think im quitting my valet job as soon as i get this. it was cool driving a gallardo and stuff like that but i dont have a life anymore between that and school. <_<

Back