What do you do when your favorite band....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
Well as most of you won't care, my favorite band Phish has fianlly called it quits.
here's the article
Phish Article on CNN

This years summer tour which consist of a measly 11 concerts (f'in weak compaired to the 7 months of touring in both 97 and 98) makes the end of a era for me and over two decades for band.

So what would you do if your favorite band called it quits, I'm talking about bands that have like a cult following, not a local band but someone who's been around for like 20+ years. (ok 10+ or so years)

Me myself I'm going to be lost, no new phish music, no new concerts, it's a real bummer.

But then I'm ecstatic that I have a ticket to one of the very last shows.

Just go and enjoy it- that's what I would do. End the "era" with a set of good memories. Hell, Metallica is dead to me, and Rage ATM is gone too.

It's just time to move onto another band. Since Phish basically replaced the Grateful Dead, there are probably other bands waiting in the wings to take Phish' place... as there is a huge fanbase for music of that mood. So it's definitely worth some band's while to move into that niche.

It's okay, you'll survive... B)

smoke some weed, and you'll forget all about it.... :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 26 2004, 10:32 AM
smoke some weed, and you'll forget all about it.... :)

:thumbsup:

i know what you mean, it sucks when your favorite group decides to stop making music. just take it all in, the energy at their last shows will be amazing, i'm sure. enjoy it while it's here. every good thing must come to an end sometime. you'll be fine. :D

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@May 26 2004, 08:59 AM
Well as most of you won't care, my favorite band Phish has fianlly called it quits.
here's the article
Phish Article on CNN

This years summer tour which consist of a measly 11 concerts (f'in weak compaired to the 7 months of touring in both 97 and 98) makes the end of a era for me and over two decades for band.

So what would you do if your favorite band called it quits, I'm talking about bands that have like a cult following, not a local band but someone who's been around for like 20+ years. (ok 10+ or so years)

Me myself I'm going to be lost, no new phish music, no new concerts, it's a real bummer.

You ain't bullshittin' me... you're just bummed that you don't have an excuse to smoke weed with your hippy friends now.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@May 26 2004, 08:59 AM
here's the article
Phish Article on CNN

great....

now that phish has broken up, a wave of unkept long haired gratefull dead hippy transplants will be unleashed upon our society....

Here's an idea !!!

Get a job hippy !!!!

:p

i never heard there music..... am i losing anything from them breaking up, no. i am kinda happy that the ty dyied wearing hippy motherfuckers have less hippy gatherings a year now since ther ebreaking up

I'd say by far am I a hippie and I have a job, and short hair, and don't wear sandles, and I was glad to see some actually heeart felt responces , and how people would actually feel, etc.... and then came the bashers, I don't give a rats ass if you like the band,hippies,yuppies etc... or not, I was looking for input on how you'd feel if put in the situation.

hell I'd compair it to Pink Floyd fans loosing Floyd,

man imagine if the Stones Broke up man, lot of sad fans. etc...

think of it this way.

in 10 years, when they are broke again, there will be a huge reunion tour...

tesla...
poision...
motley crue

you name it

yeah, but it'll probably be longer than 10 years , as they will make $12,000,000 just doing the Two shows on Aug14-15. there will be at least 80,000 people there.

and to think of it they have made a shit load of money in a short period of time.
96, Cliffordball, 30,000 fans $4+mil
97, GreatWent 40,000 fans $5mil
98, Lemon Wheel, 60,000 fans $10mil
99, Osewgo, 80,000 fans $11mil
03, IT, 80,000 fans $11+mil
04, Conventry, 80,000 fans $12+mil

plus all the new years concert that span 4 days
they have grossed over $42 million with 6 festivals that lasted about 3-4 days each.

How old are the guys in Phish? Maybe they are tired of touring and just want to relax and enjoy their money now. They should have made enough money to retire. Being on the road like that sucks. They might have wives and kids that they now want to spend time with too. Who wouldn't want to retire before they are old and greyhaired?

The majority of Phish fans are Gratefull Dead transplants.

when the dead stopped touring because Jerry went the way of the last roach in the roach clip, the deadheads suddenly realized that if they didnt follow another band they would be forced to go back into society and join the rest of the world.....

Maybe you guys should follow another band that is going strong.....

I can just see long haired hippies with flowers in their hair twirling to the sounds of that one Canadian dyke.....whats her name?

.....april lavigne

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+May 26 2004, 02:05 PM-->
The majority of Phish fans are Gratefull Dead transplants.

when the dead stopped touring because Jerry went the way of the last roach in the roach clip, the deadheads suddenly realized that if they didnt follow another band they would be forced to go back into society and join the rest of the world.....
So slow Tony, I already said that Phish took over the Dead's fanbase...
94RedSiGal
@May 26 2004, 10:38 AM
Since Phish basically replaced the Grateful Dead, there are probably other bands waiting in the wings to take Phish's place...

Back