What do you do when your favorite band....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 26 2004, 01:12 PM-->
Originally posted by Tonyd0821@May 26 2004, 02:05 PM
The majority of Phish fans are Gratefull Dead transplants.

when the dead stopped touring because Jerry went the way of the last roach in the roach clip,  the deadheads suddenly realized that if they didnt follow another band they would be forced to go back into society and join the rest of the world.....

So slow Tony, I already said that Phish took over the Dead's fanbase...
94RedSiGal
@May 26 2004, 10:38 AM
Since Phish basically replaced the Grateful Dead, there are probably other bands waiting in the wings to take Phish's place...

Sorry dear,

Selective hearing techniques applied here :D

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@May 26 2004, 02:14 PM
Sorry dear,

Selective hearing techniques applied here :D

You called me "dear"! :eek: *blush*

Men and their selective hearing... :roll:

:p

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 26 2004, 01:18 PM-->
Tonyd0821
@May 26 2004, 02:14 PM
Sorry dear,

Selective hearing techniques applied here  :D

You called me "dear"! :eek: *blush*

Men and their selective hearing... :roll:

:p

you better quickly run your ass into the bathroom and apply some makeup to that blush on your face....

Lest the cops see you in public and come to the conclusion that I "re-educated" you again :p

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@May 26 2004, 02:24 PM
you better quickly run your ass into the bathroom and apply some makeup to that blush on your face....

Lest the cops see you in public and come to the conclusion that I "re-educated" you again :p

Hmmmf! No, I don't think so Tony.... that's some crazy imagination that you have! :roll:

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@May 26 2004, 02:57 PM
cartman: Hippes. Hippies all around me. They want to save the world, all they do is smoke pot and smell bad.

:lmao:
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but anywho

yeah it would suck if my favorite band called it quits

but i guess thats what CDs are for

theres plenty of other bands out there broaden your horizons and check out some new stuff :)

did i care when tu pac died... no did i care when biggie died... no did i care when big pun died.... no, did i care when alyaia died....you guessed it no. what i have came to realize in my 25 years of living there is always someone or something to replace something you feel that not replaceable.

yeah see were not talking about just buying a cd and listening to an artist, I'm talking about experiences you can't replace or regenerate. for me it's impossible to explain what a phish show is like, I have no idea how to compare it to other life experiences.

Have you ever gone to a concert and looked around the stadium and you notices every single person in that room is out of there seat, dancin, groovin, feeling the energy of the music, the beat, the crowd, the experience, the band, the music. it's just a joyous , exciting , ecstatic, not enough emotions to explain kinda feeling.

And to think ther will be no more new experiences with Phish (or insert you favorite band here) I'm left heartbroken. I will only be able to dwell upon the past, and remember these grateful days.

now that's totally different than giving a crap about someones music you listened to vs. experienced.

If the world survived the breakup of the Beatles and the passing of Elvis Presley, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendryx... we can recover from Phish's retirement. I'm sure that they will return for a few reunion tours in the years to come. Be patient. In the meantime, get a life.

The difference between Phish and Janis, Jimi, Elvis and the Beatles, is that Phish has real talent.

And talent is always missed. Jazz, Fusion, Rock, Jam, and they practically invented their own style of music alongside the likes of Deep Banana Blackout, Particle, and Bela Fleck. It's not just smelly hippies, but Phish brought the intrinsic power of Jazz composition to the otherwise unwashed masses of teenagers and 20-somethings "Trying to find themselves".

Thanks for telling us to get a life. I appreciate that.

-> Steve

Phish is awesome and it's gonna be sad when they finally hang it up after this summer's tour. Man, if ICP stopped swingin' on the hatchet or Joe Satriani hung up his guitar, I would be really bummed for a long time.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 26 2004, 01:49 PM
:stoppostwhoring:

this isn't the other forum

What the fuck are you talking about, this is the Member's Lounge. Nothing BUT post whoring.

Originally posted by Celerity@May 27 2004, 02:20 PM
The difference between Phish and Janis, Jimi, Elvis and the Beatles, is that Phish has real talent.

Hah! And I forgot to add Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jaco Pastorius to that list. Well keep your Phish... but sometimes it's good to move on and and grow, instead of staying and stagnating, but of course, you wouldn't know anything about that... :p

Jimmi Hendrix didn't have talent? The Beatles didn't have talent? *Sarcasm* Well, I guess you can say that, since Phish is just the best band EVAR *Sarcasm* How can you say that those greats did not have talent? WTF kind of statement is that? Without those artists there probably wouldn't even be PHISH right now, looks like their isn't anymore, THANK GOD!!! I am not going to bash you for liking that kind of music, if you want to call it that, but saying the pre-mentioned didn't have talent is just plain ignorant. I know years from now I won't be hearing a PHISH song on a commercial some 20+ years after they break up or die. PHISH is nothing special, like mentioned before, they just stole the Grateful Dead fans.

But I won't bash only, I understand that your favorite band is breaking up, and I know it fucking sucks, I know when Three 6 Mafia stop making music I will be upset, SHIT, I am already pissed that Project Pat is in jail for who knows how long, no more music from him, I HATE IT. But if the band/artist is really that good, their old stuff will never get old. I listen to "Layin' da Smackdown" by Project daily, and still it hasn't gotten old. That is good music, new stuff is always good, but to act like your fucking parents died because your favorite band calls it quits, GET A FUCKING LIFE!!

Actually Chicken Heads is on "Mista Don't Play" another awesome CD, still listen to it regularly, about 2 times a week, but nothing "Layin the Smackdown."

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 27 2004, 09:01 PM
Jimmi Hendrix didn't have talent? The Beatles didn't have talent? *Sarcasm* Well, I guess you can say that, since Phish is just the best band EVAR *Sarcasm* How can you say that those greats did not have talent? WTF kind of statement is that? Without those artists there probably wouldn't even be PHISH right now, looks like their isn't anymore, THANK GOD!!! I am not going to bash you for liking that kind of music, if you want to call it that, but saying the pre-mentioned didn't have talent is just plain ignorant. I know years from now I won't be hearing a PHISH song on a commercial some 20+ years after they break up or die. PHISH is nothing special, like mentioned before, they just stole the Grateful Dead fans.

But I won't bash only, I understand that your favorite band is breaking up, and I know it fucking sucks, I know when Three 6 Mafia stop making music I will be upset, SHIT, I am already pissed that Project Pat is in jail for who knows how long, no more music from him, I HATE IT. But if the band/artist is really that good, their old stuff will never get old. I listen to "Layin' da Smackdown" by Project daily, and still it hasn't gotten old. That is good music, new stuff is always good, but to act like your fucking parents died because your favorite band calls it quits, GET A FUCKING LIFE!!

Jimi Hendrix was not that great. He was creative, but Jesus fucking tapdancing Christ he was sloppy as shit. Even in the studio. If I was his producer, I would have slapped him. He was an innovative player, but really not that good. Listen to the original Little Wing and then SRV's version. Stevie > Jimi. :)

Back