What do you guys do???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Lately I've been thinking about what i want to do after college and the forst thing that came to mind is to do something with cars. Does anyone on here know about good careers in automotives, like being an engineer for a company or anything. i would love to just be a mechanic, but theres no $$$ in it. I want to make good money so just wondering. Also how do you guys know so much about the cars, are you working with them all the time or is it just a hobby??? Me it' just a hobby right now.

I just graduated from college and am still looking for work. There is money in every field. You just have to have a passion for it and you should be successful in it. Being a mechanic can be very lucrative, and this relates back to my last comment, you have to have a passion for it.

Working on cars for me is a hobby, I personally am more of an office type person that would like to use his mind, experiences, qualifications towards developing strategies, operations layouts, development, and project budgeting as a career. My second life has and will most likely always be aftermarket imports, period.

I have always thought about developing some type of aftermarket company that provides functional parts for true enthusiasts. This would be something that I would consider after retirement or 20 years experience in the working class.

Yes, there are numerous positions available other than mechanics that deal in the automotive industry.

Milan

cars are a passion not a job i enjoy working on them because its my choice i would never want to go to work hung over and be forced to work on a car

I think i would learn to hate them and I cant have that shit

I do Aircraft hydraulics on the B1 and C130 aircraft (use to work F15's too!), and I yell at stupid Airmen now that I'm an NCO

USAF

I'm a maintenence man at a Hampton Inn.
Easy job but boring as hell...

I'm a student in Criminology/Biology... to become a forensics researcher.
And right now I work as a New Car Porter at a Volkswagen dealership :unsure:

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jul 5 2003, 03:11 PM
I do Aircraft hydraulics on the B1 and C130 aircraft (use to work F15's too!), and I yell at stupid Airmen now that I'm an NCO

USAF

no wonder my brothers F15 crashed last year =)

Do Autobody!.. Im 15 turning 16.. and autobody guys are hard to fine and the money is their!! or as my trade school teacher says "We are finaly getting paid what we are worth" The work is very fast pase My school fixed about 16 cars over 165 days. The place im going to work dose 160 a month! <_< thats 3 to 4 cars a day! B)

Back