What do you guys know about riding mowers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My Cub Cadet has never given me any problems...I've only got a 42" deck but they make bigger ones

5b3fb5a7.jpg

I use to mow lawns at the hospital during summer break. The big mower had a Ford 4 cylinder, the brand was "Hustler" which just made it badass. In our effort to make it go faster, we cut the governor belt (not sure how that governor works even now, we just knew we weren't gonna be governed). This allowed the engine to go full blast, but also eliminated any throttle return, so once you touched the pedal, it would lurch forward, engine roaring at redline, reaching a speed well beyond the limits of both steering and suspension. The only way to stop the beast was to cut the ignition which required you to bend over and reach down, taking your eyes from where you were going and at least one hand from the controls. Add the fact that you were being thrown about from lack of suspension that made even smooth terrain feel like moguls, and it was both a terrifying and amazing experience.

update: I bought a used cub cadet 38" mower. Not my first choice but the price was right ($300), and I work with the guy selling it. Takes me about 2 hours to mow 2 acres.

I use to mow lawns at the hospital during summer break. The big mower had a Ford 4 cylinder, the brand was "Hustler" which just made it badass. In our effort to make it go faster, we cut the governor belt (not sure how that governor works even now, we just knew we weren't gonna be governed). This allowed the engine to go full blast, but also eliminated any throttle return, so once you touched the pedal, it would lurch forward, engine roaring at redline, reaching a speed well beyond the limits of both steering and suspension. The only way to stop the beast was to cut the ignition which required you to bend over and reach down, taking your eyes from where you were going and at least one hand from the controls. Add the fact that you were being thrown about from lack of suspension that made even smooth terrain feel like moguls, and it was both a terrifying and amazing experience.

Well if anything bad ever happened, atleast you weren't far from a hospital. Unless we speaking about a animal hospital. :ph34r:

wait you guys weren't running a snow blower? :ph34r:

Damnit someone beat me to the frozen tundra icy cold wasteland of a state joke. Balls. :D

Back