1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you guys think of the DC-Sports Catback?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Citizen_Insane, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

I have a chance to get a dc-sports catback for $200, so I was wondering if its worth it? My current exhuast sounds like shit because they shop I had weld up my piping crimp bent it and didn't put in a resonator. What are people's opinions of it? I couldn't find the thread where people were discussing different brands of exhuast, so I'm posting this Q up again.

2. b16a2bte15

b16a2bte15 Junior Member

do it anything DC is quality

3. $k@m Art1$t

$k@m Art1$t Junior Member

Go with it, that's a score for the price your getting it for. I've had mine on my 89 hatch for 4 years now. If you leave the catalytic converter in, it's quiet and has a nice deep growl. If you run a straight pipe to it, it's way louder and sounds even better, and has no high pitched raspy sound at all. By loud I mean that someone will hear your car from start all the way to 5th gear at full throttle, up to a half mile away at night. But that's only if you get rid of the converter. If you leave it in, you can barely hear your car once you get past 3rd gear. The entire system is stainless steel, so it looks very nice when your car is jacked up or on a lift.

4. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

that's definately a good deal. go for it. i have that exhaust on my prelude and i love it. i can't hear it at idle in my car, and under acceleration, it's a nice,smooth,deep tone. most certainly a quality exhaust. and i paid $500 for it, so this is a deal for you.

5. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Last I heard a DC exhuast it was raspy. But do what ya want.

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

My friend has a DC, sounds good, and that's a great price if it is in good condition.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted