1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you guys think of this? is it worth it/possible?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by pimpology156, Dec 9, 2007.

1. pimpology156

pimpology156 New Member

I have a 97' CX hatch that is new to me. Im usually a prelude guy but the hatch was clean and the right price for me. Its a very reliable and fun car to drive but it just doent have enough power really. It has a full magnaflow exhaust, CAI, short shifter that i put in, system that i put in, and i may do a few other things to it. Is it possible and or worth it to try and put a b20a5 motor out of one of my old ludes in my hatch? The reason i ask is because the motor is perfect, its basically new and just sitting on a engine stand right now not doing much. These are DOHC as opposed to the single that is sitting in my civic now. any ideas/concerns? thanks in advance!

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

It's possibly, but not worth it. Those old B-series Prelude motors are completely different than the newer Civic/Integra B-series. It won't bolt up to your stock mounts, it will be a bitch to wire in, you can't put a VTEC head on it, and there's virtually no aftermarket support for it.

I'd save up a few bucks and get an LS swap if you want a little more power and dual cams but don't want to spend a crapload.

3. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

x2.

4. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

Yea, those b20As weren't the greatest motor in a prelude. Like it was said, stick to the common b-series swaps.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted