What do you guys think of this new Si?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Nov 11 2003, 07:24 PM
How much difference would those ECU's make?

Also, a modded 99-00 would still own an equally modded new Si

How do you figure that? The ECU with I/H/E, equals about a 20-30 WHP increase. that is about 180-190 HP to the flywheel, with a 7700 redline. No way a 99 will beat that. The torque makes an even bigger difference.

I dunno who to back up on this one. The new Si weighs around 200 lbs more than the 99-00 Si, the torque does make a difference. Last I checked a 99-00 Si would be dead even with an 02-up Si stock for stock. Even though When SCC tested it it got a whopping 16.2 quarter mile time. :ghey: Chalk it up to California being 1000 degrees year round though. :hide:

Both are bad as hell! I like that particular car. As for it being a mini odyssey, ask yourself.... What is the current trend in Japan right now? Minivans!!!!!!!!

personally, I think the '99-'00 hatches like like garbage and the '03 looks fuckin awesome. the slanted back on the 99-00 pisses me off. The new Si has the looks of the sweetest civic ever, 88-91, yet it has crisp and flowing lines. The ONLY thing I dont like aboout it is that damn shifter, WTF were they thinking? Anybody?

Originally posted by MaliWho97@Nov 11 2003, 06:29 PM
Both are bad as hell! I like that particular car. As for it being a mini odyssey, ask yourself.... What is the current trend in Japan right now? Minivans!!!!!!!!

and this is why you like it? becase its JDM?
:fr:

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 11 2003, 09:11 PM
at least the new Si is back to its old self...a HATCBACK and not a coupe!! :p

thats hatchback, fucknut. :lol:

but it's more like hatchvan...it's uber ugly and I wouldn't piss on it if it caught on fire. :puke2:

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 11 2003, 09:11 PM
at least the new Si is back to its old self...a HATCBACK and not a coupe!! :p

well that wont be for long. i read in scc that in japan they got a coupe running around with a type S engine in it and they said it might be the next SI.

THIS is a hatchback...

front11-18-01.JPG

THIS is a minivan...

SI-T-For-Sale_19.jpg

Any questions? :)

Originally posted by ek9r@Nov 10 2003, 07:01 PM
nice
what the hell is aquamist methanol injection? what does it do?

cooler intake charge = more power

:hitit:

turbo and 20lbs of NNNNAAAWWWWZZZZZZZ

i say again :hitit:

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+Nov 12 2003, 04:03 AM-->
@Nov 10 2003, 07:01 PM
nice
what the hell is aquamist methanol injection? what does it do?

cooler intake charge = more power

:hitit:

turbo and 20lbs of NNNNAAAWWWWZZZZZZZ

i say again :hitit:

so is it like spraying your intercooler with nitrous to cool the air down? Or are you actually spraying methonol into your engine like with a fogger kit? still a little confused.

there are 2 seperate kits

there is the NX after cooler where you actually spray nitrous on your inter cooler for a cooler intake charge

i think the Aquamist methanol thingie is just like a CO2 or propane injection but im not sure
i think it is more explosive than N02 but it burns cooler so more power less heat , but dont quote me on it

The new Si is a dream to shift, I just wish the shifter was on the floor. :p

Some of the replies here are truly sad. You'll see the K-series motor coming up the "ranks" soon. It only takes time and development. As for looks, I like it, so I bought one.

Peformance wise, it's great for me. Of course, I have a "couple" more mods than most.

Steve

Originally posted by k-series@Nov 23 2003, 10:59 AM
Some of the replies here are truly sad. You'll see the K-series motor coming up the "ranks" soon. It only takes time and development. As for looks, I like it, so I bought one.

Peformance wise, it's great for me. Of course, I have a "couple" more mods than most.

Steve

cool for you man :thumbsup: enjoy your new car and don't worry about other peoples opinions. ;)

...but I still don't like the looks of it. :ph34r:

Back