what do you guys think

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sol2hatch

So I am getting a new exhaust soon for my 93 cx hatch. I am getting it to install later with my swap (D16z6). I was wondering what you guys had to say about getting a custom exhaust. It is a custom fit exhaust kit, mandrel bent, minus the muffler, 2.5" from the headers back, all welded together and I am getting rid of the cat, cause I live in Oklahoma, and we dont have to do emissions test anymore. I was just wondering what your guys thoughts on this setup are. I am not sure what the muffler was. I am buying the kit and muffler from a new shop in town, and the guy had it pulled up on a website, I dont remember what it was. But I am getting it all for right around $320. The guy told me the muffler made it real quite, and low, and that is what I want. So what do you guys think? Good idea?

Usually with custom exausts and loosing your cat, the sound may be a little more tingy, depending on the muffler you get, the sound will varie, 320 is a decient price for a new exaust, so your getting a deal there, but figure out what kind of muffler it is and let us know

yeah, just found that website, and the muffler i am getting is a magnaflow muffler. I am getting the custom exhaust and the magnaflow muffler for $295, and the muffler shop will install for $50.

How does the magnaflow muffler sound? I want it to be nice and low, not loud and annoying

i was also wondering if i got the magnaflow dual tip muffler if it would be any different sound wise. I kinda like the dual tip look, but i cant decide...

it should sound mid to low and have a somewhat smooth sound, you'll like it alot, if you look on the magnaflow website they have audio clips. just curious, are you getting a new exaust or a used one, i ask cause the site wants $400+ for the exaust, so yeah its a smakin deal for 295. let me know, cause i know some people that would jump at that. well good luck. as for the dual tip, i'd keep the single. dual's are nice with certian cars, like nissians or volkswagons, for some reason they look funny on a hatch. have fun

Originally posted by sol2hatch@Feb 9 2005, 12:52 AM
here is the exhaust piping

kteller.com

here is the magnaflow muffler

kteller.com

it is all new, $215 for piping, $90 for magnaflow muffler, and $50 to install at muffler shop
[post=458437]Quoted post[/post]​

50 bucks for an install is cheap as hell too.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Feb 9 2005, 03:45 AM-->
sol2hatch
@Feb 9 2005, 12:52 AM
here is the exhaust piping

kteller.com

here is the magnaflow muffler

kteller.com

it is all new, $215 for piping, $90 for magnaflow muffler, and $50 to install at muffler shop
[post=458437]Quoted post[/post]​

50 bucks for an install is cheap as hell too.
[post=458462]Quoted post[/post]​

I paid $42 :p it bolted right up.

Back