What do you guys think

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

I got my 92 ls motor into my 90 si hatch, and am kind of disappointed with the performance. I looked into Ls vtec, and it seems like a lot of money for not much performance. My friend has a complete turbo kit that he bought for his 90 rex, and lost interest. Its XSboost turbo, really shitty piping, manifold, injectors, oil lines and pump, and fuel pump. He told me he would sell me the whole kit for $400, but I dont want to build the internals. What do you guys think? Would I be able to make some reliable power with this setup on the stock internals, and is it a good deal?

Quoted post[/post]]
the manifold won't work, the piping will be off... and XS boost is ssautocrome crap. i'd pass

:werd:

And no word about injectors either.. Thats a no-no..

Do a compression test. Make sure the motor is healthy, then boost it to 8 pounds. It'll handle that just fine.

A nice turbo setup can be had for around $1500 bucks. And if you don't have $1500 at once, you can always buy it one chunk at a time.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
the manifold won't work, the piping will be off... and XS boost is ssautocrome crap. i'd pass

:werd:

And no word about injectors either.. Thats a no-no..

Do a compression test. Make sure the motor is healthy, then boost it to 8 pounds. It'll handle that just fine.

A nice turbo setup can be had for around $1500 bucks. And if you don't have $1500 at once, you can always buy it one chunk at a time.

Yeah everyone around here had been saying it was junk, but $400 for a turbo kit, I had to ask. Thanks for your help

Hay im new here but ive also have a LS in my 90 HB and i love it its built and ready for a turbo and i got alot of the parts but i just moved and now i have know one to help me with it and no where to do it but im thinking about getting rid of my backyard turbo kit and going with a rev-hard. It makes more sence to me to get some thing that is already for my car then trying to fab everthing myself you know.

no, not really. self made turbo kits are usually better than company made ones. and thread jacking isnt nice. start your own thread in the future.

Sorry for that i dident mean to but in like that i was just tring to put in my in fo that a compleat kit might be better thats all my bad

Full-Race
kind of expensive, but from what i can tell the kits look good. and they dont give you anything to tune with, so you can use whatever you want. but again, thats even more money.

Back