What do you guys tip bar tenders?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Under Clinton's Consulting bill, I got taxed freakin' 42% overall. Working in Manhattan I had to pay NY State taxes, NYC Taxes, CT State taxes, and Federal. Even making $65 an hour I walked home (at 9:00 pm everynight) to $36 an hour. You can't drag my ass into NYC for $36 an hour even now.

-> Steve

i went to a bar once and ordered a Corona and they charged me 4.25 they only got a 75cent tip. it was in the mall of america so that explains it. but in my home town of mankato there is a prepy non smoking bar that charges 4 for all there beer

I do the 5 for 5 budlights...........all..................week................long....... :beer: :beer: :beer:

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 5 2004, 09:49 AM

I waited tables for 5 hours the other day and made 105 bucks IMO it was a bad day I had a lot of high tips but a few tables were cheap bastards so my tips total was around 20% for the day

most of our servers do around 17-18%

I don't really care what you do for work, but if it sucks so bad and is oh so hard, why do it? Get another goddamn job!

thats right I lost 70-80% of my paycheck to TAX

Unless you scan a pay stub with the sensitive info blanked out, I won't believe this; the highest tax bracket is 57%, and that's for the high rollers, not some schmoe making $10.38/ hr. Back when I was making $15.50/ hr out in OR, I was only taxed 16.7%, state and fed combined.

I don't mind my work at all Im just saying I like to make atlets 23-25% tips=) I bust my but to make tables happy so I can get that high of tips once again thats why tipping is good "UDT" I work harder then the other people becuase I want to make better money now if we were all on a set pay..... who wolud give a fuck how good they do we get paid a set amount no matter how bad we are"

now onto the tax comment

keep in mind they count your tips as income so if I make 2.38 an hour lets say I make $95.00 over 2 weeks time that is 30 hours worth in 2 weeks

now on top of that they add in my tips so lets say I make 600 in tips they also taxs that so my $95 paycheck now turns into a $10-30 paycheck or once agian maybe even -5.00 or more!

but they factor in tips and count that as your gross pay so thats how they can tax you for it

over all they tax Tips+pay so when you look at it that way you are only being taxed %30-40 but I can tell you now if my paycheck says net pay 600 dollars I will see a 1/3rd if Im lucky

also I do not enter in 100% tips never would I ever do that ever! if I had to enter in 100% tips I would drop waiting tables and only manage

GOV can shove it becuase servers would make NOTHING I have one coworker that works 3 nights a week about 20 hours a week over 2 weeks of work she gets in most cases UNDER FIVE DOLLARS on her paycheck becuase she puts in 100% of her tips

40 hours at 2.38 is 95 bucks she sees FIVE OF IT

but as I stated before they add in tips as pay and tax you based off of that

I remember hearing a few months back about the IRS trying to tax stripers on tips
I wonder how that went

how can the gov tax you on tips if they dont know how much you make in tips? you dont honestly tell them do you?

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 5 2004, 11:17 PM
how can the gov tax you on tips if they dont know how much you make in tips? you dont honestly tell them do you?

you don't have to do shit but if you want to be safe you should list atlest 10% of your total sales if I put in 0 tips and the IRS does an audit on our place then Im #@$#ed

Originally posted by UDT@Apr 5 2004, 05:58 AM
and sol your just pissed cause you drive a burnt out 240

burnt out enough to take fastest time at the autoX out of EVERY OTHER NE member who went on sunday.

Stop being Mr. Pink you cheap mullet fuck. go drive your trans am some more :lol:

Mullet? for you info thats like me going "go take a ride of a short peer you cheap chink eyed fuck, go drive your 240". And beside incase you hadint heard i drive a GS-R to now. Not to mention my dad may give us his mercedes SL 500 just cause hes geting something else, so keep makin it seem like im a red neck with nothin but a Rust bucket. And besides im willing to bet my trans ams alot faster and worth more then that 240. :owned:

Nothing worse than a cheap spoiled brat. Good job on getting imported cars, maybe one day you'll even talk to a non-white person. No one cares about what your daddy gave you. Get back on topic.

Anyways went to dinner tonight, waiters earned their tip. Our party worked them good. :lol:

Originally posted by driverunknown@Apr 6 2004, 06:17 AM
Nothing worse than a cheap spoiled brat.  Good job on getting imported cars, maybe one day you'll even talk to a non-white person. No one cares about what your daddy gave you. Get back on topic.

Anyways went to dinner tonight, waiters earned their tip. Our party worked them good.  :lol:

becayse i state the origin of the car you talk shit.....can you sayyyyyyy HATER?

I supose it would have been better for me to say "hey im geting an sl 500 right after i baught a GS-R" if you hate on the first line could you imagine what you would have said to that...... :D Hater

back on topic.........

I worked 10:30am-10:45pm yesterday today I worked 10:30am-11:00pm then went to the Turtle and tomorrow I have to work 9:30am to um whenever

fun stuff......

Originally posted by jeffie7@Apr 7 2004, 12:23 AM
I worked 10:30am-10:45pm yesterday today I worked 10:30am-11:00pm then went to the Turtle and tomorrow I have to work 9:30am to um whenever

fun stuff......

hrrm I worked 10:45-5, 6:25-10:05 and 11-12 tonight. ;)

It's fun isn't it Jeffie?

Originally posted by revolution8k+Apr 7 2004, 12:31 AM-->
@Apr 7 2004, 12:23 AM

fun stuff......

hrrm I worked 10:45-5, 6:25-10:05 and 11-12 tonight. ;)

It's fun isn't it Jeffie?

you worked a 6 hours and 15 mins shift? then a 3 hour 40 min shift?

then is that a 1 or 11 hour shift at the end?

yeah it's fun I have belt testing this weekend so Im not only craming in the gym every night but also trying to hit karate for the last few days I manage to get off before 8

fun shit

Back