what do you have?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Gimme a little insight into your setups on your projects.

what car do you have?

what engine swap (if any) did you do?

what kind of engine/suspension/drivetrain modifications did you have done?

what times you have run with this setup?

and most importantly how much (rough estimates are welcome) did you spend to achieve the times?

mods if this would be suited better in another forum go ahead and move it at your leisure.

1996 civic ex coupe.
d16y8
thermal exhaust, aem sri, eibach sportlines (turbo in about 2-4 months)
16.6@83mph (shutup)
about 800 bucks. B)

1988 CRX DX
stock d15b2
milled head, valvejob, advanced timing, intake, straight pipe, BM short shifter, stock suspension
never ran it on track
plan on spending about 8g total(mostly on suspension) to run 12s all motor, with b16a

if i started a list of the projects and cars i would take up too much bandwith...

and truely show my desease for cars!

i'll just lst my current projects

92 White VX Hatch
94 LS being built in my garage
Turbo
just some springs
if it went to the track stock, i'd say a 19
1k so far, figure anther 1k or so for the rest of the turbo setup

92 CX hatch
LS swap
Thinkin about LSvtec for this one but will probably go turbo
never at the track yet
just some springs

93 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
1.5L sohc
ported intake manifold, big throttlebody, exhaust, big brakes
h&r springs with agx shocks
required guages for boost
lsd stock

winter/spring plans (if money allows)
ported head with new goodies
14b turbo at 10psi

98 sentra se

stock it has an sr20de

h&r race springs, kyb gr2, axis metalmaster pads, home made intake, 2 1/2" crush bent exhaust with a muffler

went 15.6 @ 86... it's more of an auto-x car ;)

cost to date? just the cost of the car i guess, i haven't done anything to it, it's how i got it.

what car do you have? 1994 Lt1 Corvette

what engine swap (if any) did you do? Stock LT1

Bilstein Gas shocks

Ati Procharger P-1SC Kit@8psi, Corsa Catback Exhaust, Moroso Blue Max Wires, Champion plugs, Crane Ignition System, 42lb injectors, 160 degree t-stat, Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, K & N Cold Air induction

Estimated time of 12.2 - 11.8 on DR's

and most importantly how much (rough estimates are welcome) did you spend to achieve the times?

$8500

Current:
1995 Civic DX Coupe.
No swap.
AEM CAI, mandrel bent exhaust, Tokico blues, coilovers.
Never been to the track
Spent about 800 on performance mods.

Next Up:
1990 Toyota Supra.
Undisclosed mods
Will probably run low 14s, maybe high 13s. Heavy sumbitch.

2002 Subaru WRX (only relevant/non-bling mods listed)

Engine
Intake Silencer Delete
Vishnu Flex Uppipe
Vishnu Turboback Exhaust (w/ high-flow cat)
Vishnu Underdrive Crank Pulley
JDM v7 STi Intercooler
Samco Intercooler Hoses
Vishnu Custom-Tuned ECU
202 ft-lbs/205 hp (uncorrected), 253 ft-lbs/260hp (corrected)

Suspension
Whiteline "Control" Springs
Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
Whiteline Rear Differential Bushings
Whiteline Rear Strut Bar

Brakes
Hawk HPS Pads
Goodridge Stainless Steel Lines
Motul RBF 600 Fluid

Wheels/Tires
Stock 16" WRX Wheels
Yokohama AVS dB S2 Tires

Exterior
JDM v7 STi Hoodscoop
Zerosports Air Splitter

Interior
STi Short Throw Shifter

Spent probably $3,000 so far. Running a 14.566@94.42 up here at 6,000ft, which translates to a 13.5@101 down at sea level.

1990 crx (standard)

b16a (first gen) J1 transmission

I/H/E(2.5 crushed), skunk2 stage 1 camshafts, skunk2 IM, Hondata IM gasket, Zdyne ECU, AEM cam gears, CM stage 3 clutch and HD pressure plate, CM 7.5 flywheel

Only suspension modifications at the moment are a jimfab traction bar, a full DA brake swap, and some azenis (if those count)

Have yet to take it to the drag strip

the price break down is as best i remember it
Motor 1,000, transmission 375, camshafts and gears 500 (used a little), S2 IM 250, IM gasket 60, Zdyne 100 (used), CM clutch, pp, flywheel: free (after getting totally screwed on ebay), jimfab ~250-300.
labor cost: engine install 700 (taking the b16 out of my old DA, putting it into the ED and converting to mpfi, putting on the traction bar, installing new water pump, timing belt, intake manifold & gasket) transmission and clutch install 150, brake swap 150.
i think that about sums it up.

I have 1989 DX:

In the Car:
D15B2
MPFI conversion
Homemade Intake with K&N filter
PM6 ecu
Skunk2 Short Shifter

Suspension:
Tein HAs
Suspension Techniques Rear Sway Bar
CRX HF Front Sway Bar
15x7 Rota Slip Streams
205/50/15 Kumho Ecsta MX

On My Garage Floor
1994 GSR rear brake conversion
Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
1990 Integra LS E-Brake Cables
B16A3 Swap -
Buddy Club Stage 3+ Cams
DIY Port and Polish
Overbored Throtle Body
CTR transmission
(I really just need valve springs so I can assemble this beast)

flat black 91 crx std
lsv
complete rebuild
fresh OEM internals
bored .20 over
b16 head
gsr cams
Pr3 spoon chipped ecu
hasport harness
ARP everything
2.5 exhaust(muffler man special)
b16 cable tranny
mounts/linkage/bushings
used dc 4-2-1
MSD 6a blater3 coil/cap
mild tune
lifetime warantee shocks
drop zone coilover
90 teg brake disk conversion
stock rotors and pads
Stainless brake lines
stock 14"

have not gone to the track
aprox 4k
going with small turbo set up
and airconditioning before summer

k, lets see...

1994 Honda Civic Del Sol Vtec
Engine:
1996 B18C Spec R
Toda 12.3:1 forged aluminum pistons
CTR intake cam
GE cam sprockets
RC 440cc injectors
AEM FPR
Hondata heat shield gasket
68mm bored throttle body
3" homemade CAI w/K&N filter
JDM DC 4-1 Header
Carsound 2.5" high flow cat
Cheapo muffler man made 2.25" exhaust
Integra full size radiator
no power steering or AC
Hondata s200

Transmission:
ACT street clutch with HD pressure plate
JDM 4.78 final drive
ATS clutch type LSD

Suspension:
Tein HA's
ITR rear sway bar

Brakes:
Goodridge SS lines
ATE brake fluid
Carbotech race pads

Wheels/Tires:
Rota (dont know the model, old) 15x6.5
Khumo MX's

1/4: i dont drag race. shit, haven't even tracked the car since the tranny rebuild. but she did make 185whp/136tq.

How much have i spent? probably around $8-9K including the price of the car. and i have the original B16A3 still in my garage.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 GSR
Defi boost guage ($100)
Extra set of enki's with pirelli snow tires on them
Yakima snowboard rack

:)

My Si and GS-R sedan are my daily drivers, so are both all set. Both have LSD and Koni shocks though. The sedan has a used Koyo racing radiator. Must keep the a/c in both of those cars though.... lol.

This upcoming year, the white DX will transform slowly into a rallycar. We were inspired by someone on H-T in Michigan who successfully rallies a CX hatch with I think an LS swap. The rollcage, seats, harnesses and Hans devices are the expensive items to buy for it.

The RX-7 will have upgraded suspension, maybe Bridgeported and a free flowing exhaust added. Performance parts for these cars are available used and seem to be cheaper than similar parts for Hondas. lol. But just bought the car and still doing a lot of reading on the subject. The 7 will be autocrossed and do a little time on the track.

The grey DX will probably get a B16 swap in it.

Quarter mile times are not a high priority, but good handling is. Used parts are my friend. Would have done more with my cars last summer and fall, but Matt and I had too good a time driving all over the US. California twice, then Colorado to watch the Pikes Peak hillclimb and down to Florida. Even went to Atlanta to see the Petit LeMans in September. Sometimes being a spectator firsthand is very inspirational.

On the money aspect, it will take time to tally, but again, hunting for used parts is a real plus. But except for my Si, all the cars were bought for very very cheap.

95 CX
B16A2
CTR cams
I/H/E
155whp

Tokico Illuminas/300/400 GC springs
DelSol Vti rear sway
Spoon upper front
Ebay upper rear
Neuspeed RL tie

$2100 for car and about $4000 over the last couple years.

what car do you have? 1992 Honda Civic CX

what engine swap (if any) did you do? B20/VTEC

fully built web head, aem cam gears, jg intake mani, aem cai, dc headers, msd ignition, NOS nitrous, ACT clutch and flywheel, ebay special coilovers, dc sports rear lower tie bar

haven't brought to the track since i got it running

and most importantly how much (rough estimates are welcome) did you spend to achieve the times? too much

Car: 1990 Integra LS Sedan - DB1
Engine: Auto-Manual Conversion, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, Kaiten Flywheel, 1998 B20B swap, JDM ITR Header, Crower 62403's, Crower Springs, Custom IM, Hondata IM gasket, Electric Dump... There's more
Exterior: JDM DA9 1 Piece headlights, Polarg H4H Bulbs "Miracle White"... there's more
Interior: REupholstered Stock Seats, 1993 Manual Gauge Cluster and Steering Wheel, Stock
Wheels/Tires/Suspension: 14x7 7 Spoke American Racing Alloys, Goodyear Assurance 195/60/14, Eibach Sportlines & Stock Struts
Price: $3500 (over 3 years)

There is a lot more, I have a lot of fun with this car, from stripping 2 other parts cars to rebuilding this one, I need to thank Joel for his help in pulling all three engines twice, helping with the Auto-Manual along with Steve. Thanks guys.

Brian

95 GSR coupe.

Engine:
Stock 150k mile block, ported head, Skunk2 S1 cams, ITR outer/Portlflow inner valvesprings, modded JDM 4-1 header, Skunk2 IM, CAI, lots of tuning. No AC, no PS, no back seats or sound deadening.

Suspension: JDM 23mm rear sway bar, 450#F/550#R springs on Koni yellows, shock body moved down in fork for more front travel, spherical bearings in a couple key suspension pivots, some urethane and stock trailing arm bushings and a funky auto-x alignment.

Safety: autopower 4 pt rollbar, RJS Camlock harness. Seam welded around shock mounting points and at subframe/chassis connections and a few other places.

Transmission: 00 Si S4C tranny with Quaife LSD, ACT HDSS clutch and ITR flywheel and a set of IMSA roadrace spec Raxles.

Brakes: Hawk HP+ pads, Earls brake lines, Motul 600 fluid and custom brake ducts.

Bought the car for $10,200 3.5 years ago with 32k miles and put about $3000 into the car so far. Lots of the $ spent on 3 sets of wheel bearings before I figured out brake ducts help keep the whole knuckle cool :D

Track times: 2:48:46 Sebring Full course on Kumhos :p

what car do you have?

1991 Honda CRX

what engine swap (if any) did you do?

DOHC ZC

Hedman Header, Short ram intake, H & R springs, Soon to have ES Master bushing kit. Also converted my automatic DX to a five speed.

Not sure on times, Beat a 1999 Civic EX, 2000 VW Beetle

Ive spent about 1200 on motor stuff alone. Another 2000 in rims body kits ect. (My dumber days when kits and huge rims where cool haha)

Back