What do you know about Boulder, Colorado? Thinking about moving there..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taxes on rain? If there was any doubt in my mind that the ship is sinking, it's long gone now.

I got a kick out of this...because it will probably happen soon.

"Because the same argument that's now being used to restrict rainwater collection could, of course, be used to declare that you have no right to the air you breathe, either. After all, governments could declare that air to be somebody else's air, and then they could charge you an "air tax" or an "air royalty" and demand you pay money for every breath that keeps you alive."

You should check out Salt Lake City. Similar environment. Great economy, Red state.
I'm there for the summer. It's a blast so far - tons to do, and there hasn't been a single day where the sun isn't shining for at least part of the day. It's beautiful.

Also 95% Mormons who don't drink. No more drinking buddies. Only ice cream buddies. :(

Its really not as bad as people make it out to be. Yeah, there's a lot of them but there's also a lot of people who aren't :shrug2:

:)

SLC, Provo and Boulder were/are on my list of places I could live happily.

Also 95% Mormons who don't drink. No more drinking buddies. Only ice cream buddies. :(
Mormons are a live and let live community. How many other religions can you say that about? Yea, they don't drink, but they didn't outlaw it in their state either. They don't care that it's there. They just don't partake.

My sister did some work with her company out there and Mormons will go as far as to go to the bar with non-Mormons just to hang out. Lesson? Make friends with Mormons and you always have a DD.

Your good beer you love is more regulated than you can believe.

My friend I just visited in Thornton, Colorado(suburbia) travels to SLC 1 or 2x a month and can't stand it.

Another buddy quit goldman sachs because he hated living in SLC so much.

I also heard its a great place to live and raise a family. Every place has its ups and downs and is what you make of it. I think Boulder would be the ideal place to live in Colorado as it has the town feel and less strip malls/suburbia as the rest of colorado.

It is regulated but I don't really drink to begin with, so it doesn't bother me one bit. If you're not going to live somewhere because of the alcohol content in the beer, you're doing it wrong. Just my opinion.

I didn't know that I've only been through the historic areas.

I personally like college towns. I'm a big fan of football and the like so it fits myself.

Your good beer you love is more regulated than you can believe.
Current Utah law sets a limit of 3.2 percent alcohol by weight (4 percent by volume) in beer sold at grocery and convenience stores and at establishments operating under a "beer only" type license, such as taverns, beer bars and some restaurants.[5] Beer over 3.2 percent by weight (4 percent by volume) is available in State Liquor Stores and Package Agencies and at clubs and restaurants licensed to sell liquor.[2][5] In commercial facilities, the time at which alcohol may be served is limited, and alcohol may not be sold any later than 1 am under any circumstance.[2]
Beer of every kind is available. You just have to plan ahead. It's no different than PA or NC where liquor and beer are not sold in the same store or CT with those dumb ass blue laws.

Almost every state has at least one law on the books about booze. I don't see it as a issue. I'd rather snowboard anyway.

Ours are slowly dwindling away. You can do samples now and buy liquor at any licensed place. Sunday sales got repealed when skeletoire got elected. Go democrats, hah!

The sin taxes are high, but I don't mind paying them if I'm getting bombed.

I lived there for a year in high school. Went to boulder high for a semester, lived in my grandma's house on Arapaho drive. It was a pretty big culture shock considering where I came from. I saw it as a totally franchised commercialized consumer-driven suburbia. But when I spent some time in SoCal I realized it could be worse. I still prefer Alaska. I just put 40 copper river red salmon in the freezer, I carry a gun with no permit, collect my own rainwater, and hang with some of the craziest most self reliant badasses on the planet.

Back