what do you recommend?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am going to be turboing my d15 and not sure what type of fuel management system to use. been thinking of using a Apexi SAFC but I'm not sure. I know a lot of people that are using them are their DSM's and they all say they love it but not sure how well it will work on my d15. If anyone has any other suggestions or opinions please let me know. thanks in advanced for the help, much appreciated.

I'd look into chipping an ECU and having it tuned using Crome, Hondata, etc. The AFCs are just piggybacks; they can only operate within the parameters of the stock ECU's programming. Having the ECU chipped and reprogrammed will give you a much more comprehensive tuning solution...

If you want to tune yourself, and don't want to swap out chips all the time, I'd reccomend a hondata s300. It's easy to use, and you don't have to worry about burning a million chips.

Also, look into ostrich chip emulators, I think someone is selling one in the Market section of the forums. The ostrich is pretty good, and you've got everything you need to get a good tune, since you'll be using a pretty standard engine, you only run into problems when you don't have a good basemap to work off of.

heyyyyy ur in indiana. me too. north or south?

yeah hondata s300 would be great. costly. but worth it. if you just need a tune, the free version of crome will work fine.

if you plan to tune yourself, dont forget a wideband o2.

If you're going to tune yourself; Crome would be great. It's free and works just as well as Hondata. Anything is better than a piggyback.

thanx for the input. just one question, where can i find crome at? i am new to the whole turbo and tuning thing. and by the way, i live basically in the middle of indiana on the west side. i am about an hour away from indy.

Back