What do you save per month?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
How much cash do you save per month after all expenditures?

My wife and I on average are saving between 2,5k and 3k per month after the following:
  • Mortgage $1900 (we pay 300 extra ea/month)
  • 2 Vehicle Notes $800
  • My Student Loan $150
  • Two Card Payments (Amex Green and Wifey's CC ) ~500
  • Stock Contributions $500
  • IRA Contributions $200
  • Disney Property $200
  • Utilities $600
  • Gas $320
  • Groceries $250
  • Entertainment $600
We have a savings account on the checking for a rainy day fund and then the bulk is in a Money Market Account...

What's your position?

We just did the budget as a married couple and after everything is paid and money has been set aside to go out, see movies, etc the wife and I will be left with about $1,800 at the end of the month

right now i save absolutely 0. yep, squadoosh.

i have a lot of debt that i pay every month. hopefully by the end of summer i'll be debt free. here is what i hope to be by the end of the year.

$300/month 401k
$800/rent+utilities
$100/cell
$200/entertainment
$500/misc

totals-$1900.

hopefully i can save $800/month. This is just solid pay though. not including variable monthly bonuses. hopefully that will go straight into savings and i'll just live off of my paycheck.

i don't even want to know...
alright fine....
this is what i pay, not necessarily what i owe (ie, I pay more on things I owe on)

mortgage: 2800
m3: 900
truck: 300
car/truck insurance: 140
cell: 70
land line and fax through vonage: 50
cable/internet: 49
nightly coffee: 60
smokes: 165 ($5.50x30 ish paks a month)
fuel: 500
credit card: 2000-3000 (but i charge everything... my gas, some of my bills are on auto pay on it, etc, so ya can't really count this total)
oil for the house: ~200 a month give or take.
power: 100
water/sewer: 25
car tax: 90 (~1000 a year)
groceries/food/going out: 500 ish?. i eat out a lot... lunch every day, dinner a couple times a week.

thats 5949 not counting the credit card 2-3k.

good thing i make money :)

i save absolutely zero. after all the bills at the end of the month i barely have enough to buy a dollar menu cheeseburger. it wouldn't be so bad if i didn't own a gas guzzler for a car and home heating oil wasn't so outrageous. that and if i got more than .6 cents for my year review.

i don't even want to know...
alright fine....
this is what i pay, not necessarily what i owe (ie, I pay more on things I owe on)

mortgage: 2800
m3: 900
truck: 300
car/truck insurance: 140
cell: 70
land line and fax through vonage: 50
cable/internet: 49
nightly coffee: 60
smokes: 165 ($5.50x30 ish paks a month)
fuel: 500
credit card: 2000-3000 (but i charge everything... my gas, some of my bills are on auto pay on it, etc, so ya can't really count this total)
oil for the house: ~200 a month give or take.
power: 100
water/sewer: 25
car tax: 90 (~1000 a year)
groceries/food/going out: 500 ish?. i eat out a lot... lunch every day, dinner a couple times a week.

thats 5949 not counting the credit card 2-3k.

good thing i make money :)

You didn't answer the question!

Zero. If anything is left at the end of the month it will almost definitely go toward some sort of bill the next month. :(

any money i have saved at the end of the month is invested in copper, brass, and lead then slung down range at 1200fps
:gunfight:

I think I save on average $200 a month. But living at home makes it easy for me so it's almost like cheating.

$1170 a month, and what ever interest the 401K makes....

i literally save pocket change, currently. i'm a good american, i spend that shit. but i'd save some too, if i made more. ;).

Let's see here.. ::eek:pens savings book::...... $324.83.....::eek:pens check book::..... $1356.41.... ::eek:pens wallet::.... $218.00.... In about two weeks, it will all be gone and I will be left with what I have in the savings only and maybe a few bucks in the wallet. New job is killing me since I moved onto another shop I have to start at the bottom and work myself up. :thumbsdown:

i literally save pocket change, currently. i'm a good american, i spend that shit. but i'd save some too, if i made more. ;).
probably not. as a financial planner, i have a lot of experience with this. the more we make, the more we spend. ask anybody. B will agree, everytime he upgraded his income, he spends more. new cars, new house, we all do it. i even did it. i got a new job and got a gf. wouldn't have gotten a gf without a job. we just spend more. ^_^

$160 a month to stocks and municiple funds, reinvest the dividends.

apt: $740 (includes heat and two dogs)
dogs: $50
Cobalt: $320
G6: $80
2 phones: $100
car gas: $320 (both cars)
student loan: $300
credit card: ~600 (both of our cards)
food: $600 (between two people and going out)
insurance: $250 (both of us)
cable: $100
gym: $160 for both
entertainment: $100

**remember, the more you make, the more you spend.

I save nothing. But my wife saves. Oh wait yeah thats right she gets my pay check. Seriously I really don't know how much we have in the savings account. The wife takes care of all it and tells me what we have and don't have money for. I know we have some money in there but not sure what we put in every month?

Back