1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you think about msd ignition?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by RoyalFelix, Feb 13, 2007.

1. RoyalFelix

RoyalFelix New Member

so i was wondering in getting a msd ignition for my 92 prelude h23a1. would the better spark give me More hp? if so how much more hp you think? with a fuel regulator headers intake wires sparkplugs exc.

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

Honda OEM FTW!!!.. its good up to 500 hp

3. ScrapinSi

ScrapinSi Senior Member

MSD's are a waste of money on stock hondas... OEM Honda ignition (Even wires) are good for 400+whp. I had a friend running stock wires, cap, rotor & coil putting down 490whp. He put on an MSD, and got 489whp.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I had just cap, rotor, wires, and coil on my Accord, then switched back to stock system. With the MSD stuff(no box), I noticed way quicker starts and a tad better mpg.

6. prelude_racer

prelude_racer luv them hondas

i had themj on my crx i liked to think i felt a change but it was all in my head. only reason you ned them is if you are running some sort of forced induction. what happens is to much air blows out the spark so you need a greater spark to handle the air-fuel ratio. for what your on you could by a dress up for your car ore engine for cheaper and spend the money better

7. street_racer_271

street_racer_271 adrenaline is my high

I was told by Geoff Raicer, Full-Race owner, that OEM Honda ignition is best. I take his word cause he's proven that he knows his shit by building an 800whp street-legal civic. I may talk about him a lot, thats because the guy is my hero, along with Shannon Larkin. Two things I love, Fast cars, and music.

I run stock ignition with 8.5mm MSD wires and soon NGK plugs. Its still winter, so i don't know what kind of performance increase they will make.

8. Estorvito

Estorvito Soy Boricua

a buddy of mine here in Buffalo has a 650hp honda civic using OEM ignition.
    Oem honda ignition ftw.:)

9. 801CRX

801CRX Got Rice?

Yeah my friends cousin is laying down 328 whp in his 93 hatch. And its all stock ignition system.

OEM FTMFW

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted