what do you think about msd ignition?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RoyalFelix

so i was wondering in getting a msd ignition for my 92 prelude h23a1. would the better spark give me More hp? if so how much more hp you think? with a fuel regulator headers intake wires sparkplugs exc.

MSD's are a waste of money on stock hondas... OEM Honda ignition (Even wires) are good for 400+whp. I had a friend running stock wires, cap, rotor & coil putting down 490whp. He put on an MSD, and got 489whp.

I had just cap, rotor, wires, and coil on my Accord, then switched back to stock system. With the MSD stuff(no box), I noticed way quicker starts and a tad better mpg.

i had themj on my crx i liked to think i felt a change but it was all in my head. only reason you ned them is if you are running some sort of forced induction. what happens is to much air blows out the spark so you need a greater spark to handle the air-fuel ratio. for what your on you could by a dress up for your car ore engine for cheaper and spend the money better

I was told by Geoff Raicer, Full-Race owner, that OEM Honda ignition is best. I take his word cause he's proven that he knows his shit by building an 800whp street-legal civic. I may talk about him a lot, thats because the guy is my hero, along with Shannon Larkin. Two things I love, Fast cars, and music.

I run stock ignition with 8.5mm MSD wires and soon NGK plugs. Its still winter, so i don't know what kind of performance increase they will make.

Yeah my friends cousin is laying down 328 whp in his 93 hatch. And its all stock ignition system.

OEM FTMFW

Back