what do you think about s4's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
well, thinking about getting something a little more high class than a civic. just wondering waht you guys thought about audi s4's. heres the add of the car i may take a look at.

2000 Audi S4 quattro (90804309)

Last edited:
cool cars
very expensive to maintain
and a bitch to work on

id suggest a newer non turbo model

but for this price is it ok? i could think of a couple better cars for the price of newer one though.

My friend use to have one. Built motor, stereo, suspension, wheels that cost more than my car, etc. Then it got stolen. Now he has a Supra.

I liked his S4 better. Fast as shit, with class and comfort.

judging by the mileage that car seems to be right up against the expensive ass scheduled service

check into what exactly is required for the shed maintenance
see how much you can get it done for if you do it yourself
it might be worth it

but this is the reason you see so many S4s with about 80k going for so cheap

E is right, around 80,000miles they hit you with a service thats $2-3k. Timing belt and some other thigns at german (cough*porsche*cough) prices.

I was in your boat a few months ago..that was one of my options when I went looking at new(er) used cars.

I dumped the idea after seeing repair bills and the electrical problems seem to be somewhat common...same thing with the TT

drove an S4, TT, bugeye WRX, EP3 Si, RSX-S, 20th AE GTI and ended up with a Mini
No AWD, but it goes pretty well, easy to mod, not the cheapest parts but far from expensive, not alot of common problems, german engineered, 6 speed, forced induction, not very appealing to theives, all the bells and whistles, blah blah blah

I know they're not eveyones cup-o-tea...but even my "haters" changed their tune after riding in it

They aren't bad... Plagued with electrical problems..

Just don't try to port it with Playground Sand... LOL

My friend works as an audi tech in seattle. His dad owns a black one. There is a problem with one of the seals near the firewall/windshield it lets water through which fries some expensive electrical component. Other than that, nice car with more features than I know how to use.

My friend's 00 S4 was sick - quite fast for such a heavy car . . loads of power (AWD TT v6 FTMFW!!)

Too much money!!!

huh compared to what?

i made up my mind that im going to get the one i made i link to. my cousin works audi and told me the most common problems and what to look out for. for the money i can not find a better all around car.

Back