what do you think about SRT-4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

can the block handle that much power that would allow it to run 11's. i know stock nissan and honda blocks need to be rebuilt to run that fast. plus without drive train modifications, they tires will just spin.

i'll be honest, i don't know a lot about the neons. but i am skeptical of just about any 4 cylinder car running 11's simply with bolt ons and a tune.

It's a purpose built cast iron block. It'll handle elevens, with tuning of course, just fine.

I'm assuming you've never driven one because this statement is full of ignorance.

Compared to other cars in its price, weight, and performance class, it always came in dead last in cornering ability even if it came out first in speed.

So, if my opinion after reading damn near everything there is to read about the car is ignorance, then what the fuck ever.

It's cornering is subpar because of the same old chassis used in all the other classes of neons. Absolutely no chassis rigidity, the only thing it has is a beefed up suspension compared to the SXT model.

I didn't say it completely sucked and had no ability to corner, I simply compared it to other cars in it's class, which is where the subpar shit comes from.

Strange, where did you find these "tests". Even the old neon had good handling. Hell, look how popular they've been in SCCA Autox. The whole ACR was created just for autox.

The SRT4 was built on the normal Neon platform. The ACR was lighter, had a better weight distribution percentage, and got better suspension from the factory, let alone the aftermarket.

Go find the SCC magazines from when the SRT4 came out. There were some other magazines I read through, but never bought.

It did poorly on the skippad and all around in cornering ability compared to the Spec V, 02-05 Si, Mazda 3, and probably a few other cars I can't remember, but still ripped them apart on the drag strip.

After all that, it was still named car of the year under 20k.

And FYI I test drove one, but never really got the chance to get on it. I wasn't that impressed with it going around corners at 20 anyway. Since this is an opinion thread, I gave mine. You don't have to agree with it.

The entire mopar movement made a vivid argument as to the ability of neons and their handling capabilities. From the factory the car may not handle absolutely amazing, but most cars don't because its costly and also provides less day ride comfort.

Long story short, the srt4 can easily be made to handle well.

srt-4 handling

thank all of you for you info and opinions i'm really thinking about getting one and just wanna make sure what i'm getting into...what would i have to do to make this thing handle good and how much would it cost??? for the money what is a better choice overall, the rsx-type S or...05 srt-4....does anyone know if they come stock with the blow-off valve???

oh god you want the "blow off valve" sound... definitely SRT for you, stay way from honda's. lol

no...didn't say i needed a blow-off valve i just asked if they came stock with it??? because i found one that has a blow-off valve just wondering if it came like that or if it has been modified??

no...didn't say i needed a blow-off valve i just asked if they came stock with it??? because i found one that has a blow-off valve just wondering if it came like that or if it has been modified??
if someone as advertising it as having a bov, then it's aftermarket. loud bov's are the altezzas of turbo cars. they do actually serve a purpose, but unless you have huge boost, a stock one will work just fine.

dont mean to rain on your parade, but if you dont know what a blow off valve is, and//or does, you're going to make a mess of the engine real quick.

srt-4's handle better that all of our stock crx's/civics/integras/so on.... Their blocks can take 400+hp, its been done on numerous cars. Their ballsy in a straight line and they can handle just as well as any other non-track fwd car.

While the stock bov doesnt hold much more boost, an aftermarket one is fine.... but please recirculate it!!!

rsx-s vs srt4? pretty much up to personal taste.... stock handling, upper rpm pwer, better interior.... or 18 inch wheels, mad usdm trq yO!, stupid looking car, NEON?

Back