What do you think about this SI?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

Hey guys, for the past few months, I have been looking for a new car to purchase, and being familiar with the reliability of hondas, i decided to stay with them. So.. Today i test drove this car.... The 2004 Honda Civic SI...

s405e22cb186cd.jpg
s405e230f57e57.jpg

s405e24986b6d6.jpg
s405e236055745.jpg

The color would be in Honda's Vivid Blue Pearl with a 5 speed transmission powering the 2.0 Liter k20. I work for hyundai and my boss owns honda as well, and a new SI can be mine for $17,000 (Factory Price) Let me know what you think.What are some of your guys opinions? And pros and cons for this car?

Originally posted by MXDesa@Mar 21 2004, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, for the past few months, I have been looking for a new car to purchase, and being familiar with the reliability of hondas, i decided to stay with them. So.. Today i test drove this car.... The 2004 Honda Civic SI...

s405e22cb186cd.jpg
s405e230f57e57.jpg

s405e24986b6d6.jpg
s405e236055745.jpg

The color would be in Honda's Vivid Blue Pearl with a 5 speed transmission powering the 2.0 Liter k20. I work for hyundai and my boss owns honda as well, and a new SI can be mine for $17,000 (Factory Price) Let me know what you think.What are some of your guys opinions? And pros and cons for this car?

I think that for another 1,000, you could buy an SRT4 and smoke the SI

Guy across the street from me has one. He's about 55. It doesn't look all that sporty to me. It looks like a grocery getter for mom. I do like the interior, and the DOHC VTEC stickers.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Mar 21 2004, 06:33 PM

Well im not familiar with the reliability with Dodge but its a big factor for me, and i know honda ARE reliable

i'd buy it homie- those cars look REALLY good dropped IMO- also you can always swap on an RSX Type-S head :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 21 2004, 06:51 PM
i'd buy it homie- those cars look REALLY good dropped IMO- also you can always swap on an RSX Type-S head :thumbsup:

I agree, and it will have Honda's factory performance package as pictured above. (Black car)

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Mar 21 2004, 07:43 PM
K series is gonna dominate eventually so why not start early?

Not that K-series. The engine that comes in the RSX has VTEC on both intake and exhaust cam, as well as IVtec on both cams. The K20a3, which comes in the SI only has it on the intake cam. Comparing the 2 engines is like comparing a d15b7 to the b18c5. You just cant do it.

For about the same money, you can buy a mini S which is the supercharge verison.

Mini >>>>> short retarded mini van.

86 the notion........but WTF do I care......it's ur ride......

Originally posted by MXDesa+Mar 22 2004, 12:45 AM-->
Cashizslick
@Mar 21 2004, 06:33 PM

Well im not familiar with the reliability with Dodge but its a big factor for me, and i know honda ARE reliable

There's three, I guess I should say two now, as one is constantly in the shop, SRT-4's here on post, and one of the two that isn't in the shop, sounds like absolute shit.

The new Si is a disappoinment in power, but can be swapped out for the Type R or Type S, whatever is in the states. And as far as looks, well, the CTR is a nice looking car, and it doesn't take that much to make the Si look like it. But don't waste money trying to get the new CTR seats, they suck. My old EH2 seats as am much support. Give it time and the upgrades will come in flocks. Hondata even has an programmable ECU with boost and nitrous options, that being said, you can always boost it.

IMO if you like it, buy it. you're the one gonna be driving it. :gives: what other people think of what you do with your money??

I love the new Civics. With JDM dress-up playtime they look really good. The headlights are, as usual in today's age, abominable, but the interior is great. They do stay true to the CivHatch style and feel.

The SRT-4 is a great car, and I do like them - But I can't bring myself to drive a 4 door. I feel so.. I dunno..Bald-guy-in-a-singles-bar about them.

When comes to which car i would rather OWN, and not just race - the Civic hatch takes top category. Now offer it in a hybrid and I'm on it like stink on shit. The Insight is still a favorite - But I like 2 seaters.

-> Steve

Originally posted by asmallsol+Mar 21 2004, 07:38 PM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Mar 21 2004, 07:43 PM
K series is gonna dominate eventually so why not start early?

Not that K-series. The engine that comes in the RSX has VTEC on both intake and exhaust cam, as well as IVtec on both cams. The K20a3, which comes in the SI only has it on the intake cam. Comparing the 2 engines is like comparing a d15b7 to the b18c5. You just cant do it.

For about the same money, you can buy a mini S which is the supercharge verison.

Mini >>>>> short retarded mini van.

i thoght i-Vtec WAS vtec on just the intake cam.....

Back