what do you think i going to run?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Thats the reason I had my Nos in the Neon on a push button switch instead of the WOT trigger.

if i was you, i would find an empty back road and practice launching. drag racing is determined in the first 60'.

^Solid advice right there. I raced a buddy last night with my sube, he was in a Chevy truck with a SBC motor. We lined up to run, no honking, I told him go and I will catch up figuring my traction would be a LOT better. He gassed it up and dumped the clutch. Tires smoking, lots of noise.....not moving anywhere. When I heard the tire smoke I went WOT and did my launch. By the time he actually moved I was topping out 3rd 6-8 cars ahead. Moral of the story, learn how to drive and launch your car :)

get your RT down.... i know on our lights, if you leave on the third yellow.... you get some really good RT's.... every track varies tho

This is all good advice, im really hoping i dont mis shift. Third is my worst gear for that to. With the ls trans though what gear do you think im going to trap in, high third or low fourth. I might also try a few runs without the nitrous just git my shifts together. Keep the advice comming.

what size wheels are you running?

also, it's better to shift slow and catch a gear than mis-shift and totally miss it. it hurts the engine and it's embarrassing. i have a couple vids of myself doing it. it fucking sucks.

ya know, i dont have nos, never even used it but.. is it push until you want the spray to stop??

i was thinking so. press it as soon as you bang second (its only a 50 shot right?) ride it till 7g, let off and finish out bang 3rd and spray that bitch till trap or 4th. LS is a little long, but i think you may be pushing 4th 200 feet short of trap.

i personaly would REALLY recommend getting a GSR trans. this is my first and WOW!... put a light flywheel on while your at it.. its a thing of BEAUTY!!... just learn how to shift good before you use it LMAO or you might want to invest in a scatter shield!

Interesting thread. Hope you do good man can't wait to see the slip.

Really makes me wish there was a 1/4th here, we only have a shitty 1/8th that's getting closed soon. But hell if I get my nitrous kit before then, I'll be up there. I'm runnin a '93 dx sedan d15b vtec swapped motor trans p08 ecu, short ram intake, header, exhaust, minor suspension and some others.

And when it's track time there'll be a NX 75 whp shot of nitrous in the mix ;) I've got yokohama 205/40zr-17's on 17" rims. Stock d15b vtec should put out 125-130hp, i/h/e adding another 10 for total of maybe 135-140 hp, 75 shot nitrous should bring me right around 210-215 hp and some nice torque for the strip prolly stack up well against your LS that'd be a good race.

I have 17 inch wheels on my integra, now that i think about it im not sure i want to be on a throttle plate just for the simple fact that i might not want to spray all the way through third or fourth. I can just use the arming switch to go full throttle without spraying and when i feel comfortable just re arm and spray again. Im hoping for almost 300 crank horse on the 75 shot but since its not all at once i shouldnt snap any axels(i hope). Oh yeah, my kit does have the ten pound bottle so there is alot of fun in my future. Not alot of purging though, last I checked it was like 4dollars a pound for nitrous.

your 17's are going to suck a donkey dick. if you don't get down to 15's, you aren't going to break into the 13's. you might be lucky to get a 14.0-14.2. i would try to find some new wheels and tires.

Don't lie to him ;x

Honestly noone can tell you what your setup will run. Depending on weather conditions, your tires, 60ft and most of all your driving ability. Off the top I will just guess it will go 14's on the bottle.

I have 17 inch wheels on my integra, now that i think about it im not sure i want to be on a throttle plate just for the simple fact that i might not want to spray all the way through third or fourth. I can just use the arming switch to go full throttle without spraying and when i feel comfortable just re arm and spray again. Im hoping for almost 300 crank horse on the 75 shot but since its not all at once i shouldnt snap any axels(i hope). Oh yeah, my kit does have the ten pound bottle so there is alot of fun in my future. Not alot of purging though, last I checked it was like 4dollars a pound for nitrous.

HAHAH, yea right. You don't even make 150 crank Hp as it is, what makes you think you're gonna double that with a 75 shot of nitrous?

Ditch the 17's, they're way too big to use in the quarter on a civic.

If you dont purge it you will not get a strong hit right away. I would have to recommend practicing everything! Practice your launches then your run. Use a friend and a stop watch even for a rough guess at what works best!

I have to purge i know that i just mean like showing off. My friend has a set of blades i could probably use. This is how i figure my power (engine=140, ecu=30, pro-series manifold=20-25, header back and ram air maybe=10-15, high flow rail and bigger injectors with holley regulator maybe 5-10, and the a 75 shot on top of that. That should make close to 300 crank. Does this sound close to you guys?

I have to purge i know that i just mean like showing off. My friend has a set of blades i could probably use. This is how i figure my power (engine=140, ecu=30, pro-series manifold=20-25, header back and ram air maybe=10-15, high flow rail and bigger injectors with holley regulator maybe 5-10, and the a 75 shot on top of that. That should make close to 300 crank. Does this sound close to you guys?
no

intake=2-5
IM=5-7
exhaust=5-7
ecu=10
fuel=0
nitrous=50

look for about 200hp at the wheels. don't worry about the crank, that is shit power. the only number that matters it how much the wheels push.

So i might be putting 200 to the wheels, would you call this respectable for what it is or are you being generous? By the way all the numbers i quoted would of been crank horse. Sorry for any translation problems.

there is nothing wrong with those number. nitrous is a good way to run a daily car and have extra power for racing. just don't get your hopes up. the odds are against you. especially if you haven't had it tuned.

i'm very conservative with my power expectations. It just comes from years of working on cars and a lot of dyno/track time. but i am by no means an expert.

with a heavy car, bit wheels, and being new to racing, don't be disappointed if you don't hit a really low mark.

on a side note, there are leagues that reward consistency rather than shear time. learn to be a better driver and you can beat the faster cars.

Thanks, i feel bad though cause this thread is going to die because my day at the races isnt until april 23. I guess i will just repost with a new thread when it comes back around. Wish me luck fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back