What do you think i should sell my ride for?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smooth_criminal

Testing the waters to see what offers I can get or what you guys think I should sell my baby for. Ok here it is

Body:
1996 Honda civic LX 4dr
Wings west type-w front lip.
Mugen 2 piece side skirts
body is in good shape, no major dents or deep scratches. This car is a true sleeper.

Motor: Only 1300 miles, built by Performance Unlimited

B18b1 block
Wiesco pistons & file to fit rings
Eagle H-beam rods
LS crank micro polished and balanced
Cleveite H-series rod bearings
ACL race main bearing and thrust washers.
Every gasket and seal was replaced with Honda parts.
Moroso oil pan (uses stock pick up)
ACT HDSS clutch disc and pressure plate

B18b1 head:
crower dual stage valve springs
crower titanium retainers
New Honda valve seals
new Honda keepers
D1 cam cap
ARP head studs
NGK plugs
NGK wires

Boost:
Greddy 18G turbo fully rebuilt by majestic turbo still under warranty
Custom intercooler
custom mandrel bend charge piping
Greddy type-S BOV
D1- vacuum manifold
Auto meter boost gauge

Fuel & Tuning:
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
RC 550 injectors
Socketed pr4 ECU (with data logging installed) (this unit was bought from Xenocron so you know it's top knoch.)
LC-1 wideband o2 senor
Ostrich real time emulator

Misc:
Avid racing in CNC'd poly mounts
HASport A/C mount so you can run AC in the car (hasn't been installed but I have all the parts)
Apex'i turbo timer
Magnaflow high flow cat
Apex'i world sport cat-back

I'm sure there is planty that i haven't listed but you get the idea, i pretty much didn't spare any more or pain and not one corner was cut biulding this car.

Car is sitting on 14" steelies and stock suspension.
Here a few pic's of the motor being built parts used ect.
act.jpg

arp.jpg

block.jpg

block1.jpg

ecu.jpg

Misc.jpg

mounts.jpg

o2.jpg

chargepipeingbov.jpg

blockessm.jpg

blockessm1.jpg

crower.jpg

titaniumretainers.jpg

headtop.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

sell it separate and make more, but takes more time to recoup your money...

put it up for 7 and take 6500

I'm located in New Jersey,
I so don't want to sell it but as most of you know these projects are just never ending money pits. If i keep it i'm looking at another 4-5k in parts i need to finish up the car( wheels, tires, slicks&track wheels, suspension, EBC, tuning, tuning, tuning. I also still have all the stock parts that came out of the car, from the stock valve springs to the stock rods. I don't know i'm sitting on that fence that B was on after doing the SOL project, it's just so fucking hard to turn my back on a projsct that i've been working on for 2 1/2 years.

eventually i hit the point where i was like "holy shit... i have a 1994 honda del sol that drives like shit, feels like shit, but is pretty fast... and i'm out a shit load of money that i can't recover by selling it...."

the car is only getting older and less valuable... plus the modified honda game is nearly over in my opinion, everyone seems to be getting out of it and realizing that there are better things to put money into

Quoted post[/post]]
eventually i hit the point where i was like "holy shit... i have a 1994 honda del sol that drives like shit, feels like shit, but is pretty fast... and i'm out a shit load of money that i can't recover by selling it...."

the car is only getting older and less valuable... plus the modified honda game is nearly over in my opinion, everyone seems to be getting out of it and realizing that there are better things to put money into
It's not that there's better things to spend money on, it's the new Tokyo Drift buy a 240 scene! (and the high Gprices..)
Besides, if we didn't spend our money on our cars, we'd be buying houses and other unnecessary things... or on a woman.
I don't think the modified honda game will ever be over, just like the 40 year old dudes who build Novas to run 12s and have to trailer them ... in their blood.

I'd pay $6k for it if it runs/drives perfect.... maybe a little more if it looks good.

Well in my current situation ( I lost over 50% of my income about a month ago) This was not a forseen situation so as of right now. my bills are taking up 120% of what i'm bringing in so selling thw whip is just a quick fix to clear up some shit to level my buget. i don't know, i should just pick up a stock motor for a few bucks and then just sell the engine and turbo ish.

Back