What Do You Think Of Honda-tech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Its a cool site but full of assholes.........I dont know what to think of it

s3e920152b4206.jpg

I don't care for H-T,there's too many people,but you can get good info when the right people are on.

Originally posted by karnash@Apr 8 2003, 05:36 PM
and if you hardly know anything techincal about hondas they act like total pricks

that about sums it all up, but other than some assholes, its a good site.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 9 2003, 03:30 AM
how about they only let you post 5 things per day

whack

That's only for newbies.It goes away after a certain amount of time 15 or 25 days or some crap like that.

Originally posted by dvs_prelude@Apr 8 2003, 09:22 PM
Yup, some of them are assholes... Here's one example, I'm LudeToAHatch:
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=469201

Yea.. but honda-tech isn't the place to say what's up. Once a week something is stolen and there are ppl on there that are in groups out to thieve shit. Someone can say they have X on their car and it be gone in no time flat. Honda-tech is a breading ground for car theives, just like kazaa is a virus pit.

Not all the members are bad, but they are VERY cautious about their shit, unlike here where someone will tell you almost everything.. till it gets jacked and/or we get more ppl and the threat rises.

Overrun. I even think HS has too many posts to keep up with, but oh well. I'm only here and on HAG so it isn't bad.

i know that they have a lot of country wide members, so i went on to see if anybody knew the guy in Binghamton NY who ripped me off for a NX system. Before I knew it, I had like 20 Rips, calling me a newbie stupid shit like that....fuck them i read all the posts, but most shit is just too stupid to reply to. For the most part (coughkarnashcough) yall are a really nice bunch of people, and i'm comfortable gettin advice here. J/K karnash :lol:

Too many people, very hard to know what are new topics (due to brand of board they are using), bumps ever 2 seconds in the classifieds, and there tech forum suck (because i think that ever thread there is indivigually moded and ran) when you go to ask a legit tech question, they either don't answer because you have under 23894092840928 post or they try and question the legitity of the question (they just call you a ricer because you can afford to spend 300 on a strut bar) honda-tech :fuckyou3:

well personally i think that that is probably one of the best sites to go to for tech info. like i have said before if i have a tech question that is the first place i ask. i get a good response fast and if that person isn't sure someone will correct them right away. are they assholes yes, hell i'm a dick on there sometimes. people are stupid and yes ask stupid questions. i'm not gonna be nice to someone who doesn't use proper grammer and then proceeds to call people idiots when they something about it.

About scammers and theives and such. well when a buddy of mine was informed that a kid in CT had some parts that someone else paid for but never got them he went up to the kid , let the kid know and got the parts. and i know of a lot of other people that have gone out of their way to get people's stuff back for them. when you have a well known website like that with over 30k plus members you can't help when people lurk on those kinda boards just to see what they wanna steal next. hell for all you know people could be doing the same thing on here they just haven't made a jump yet.

About the 5 posts a day thing. people couldn't be adults and hold back from post whoring away as soon as they joined or spamming the shit out of the site. so to stop this we had what is called a " trial user" phase. it lasts 30 days and in that 30 days you have 5 posts, no avatar you can select or PM's. it just makes life easier for the mods so that we don't have to run around and delete 30 topics a day from stupid people. Most of the time if i know a friend is gonna sign up i will go ahead and tell him to give me his name and change his status so they don't have to wait. its only for the people that wanna act like they are 2.

anyways enough from me.

the socal people there are cool. :thumbsup: the members treat you nice as long as you dont post bad info or whore up the threads.

Trin, I took your advice and then posted an Identical thread in the ITR forum and instead of having to bump it every two seconds and never gettin an answer, I got 4 responce within 10 minutes. Those people are much nicer.

Hell, within 10 minutes, I had someone PM me asking if I wanted to buy his ITR sway bar for $50 (my ? was about swaybars)

i JUST joined Honda-Tech.com a few days ago. went there and was looking around in the Integra section (since thats what i am in the process of getting) and got a cool link to g2ic.com for gen2 Integras since thats what i am getting. my only complaint is not being able to post in the classified section because there is some stuff i wanna get. oh well...guess i have to wait <_<

Honda-tech is the kinda board you have to prove yourself on... But they are pretty cool... just dont say VTECH... or your gonna get BASHED BIGTIME

Back