What do you think of my setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryantann

12" DVC HIGH-PERFORMANCE SUBWOOFER (From Partsexpress.com, made by Koveaudio)
Power Handling: 800 watts RMS *VCdia: 3" *Le: 2.5 mH *Nominal impedance: 4 ohms per coil *Re: 3.0 ohms *Frequency response: 20-300 Hz. *Magnet weight: 192 oz. *Fs: 34 Hz *SPL: 90 dB 2.83V/1m *Vas: 1.2 cu. ft. *Qms: 5.33 *Qes: .39 *Qts: .36 *Xmax: 18 mm *Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 12-1/2", Cutout Diameter: 11", Mounting Depth: 6-3/4", Magnet Diameter: 8", Magnet Height: 3-1/8"

Amp is Hifonics Brutus Amp BX 1605D
4-Ohm Power Rating 550
2-Ohm Power Rating 1100
1-Ohm Power Rating 1600

Zues Amp zx 6400 (A/B Design)
4-Ohm Power Rating 4x85
2-Ohm Power Rating 4x170
Mono Bridged at 4-Ohm Power Rating 2x340

I Have a Orion Componet set

MA Audio 6” x 9” 2-Way Full Range Speaker
• 180W Rms
• 360W Max
• Sensitivity: 95.2dB @ 1w/1m
• Frequency Response: 30Hz - 22kHz
• Mounting Depth: 3”

So what do you all think?

Well.... if all the specs are correct it sounds ok. However I have never heard of any of those brands except Orion. That doesn't mean they're no good, just saying I haven't heard of them. Also, I would suggest for your first post that you introduce yourself as opposed to your system.

Anyway, hope your system sounds great.

It looks good.

Sub - real good deal on that sub, should be plenty loud.
Amps - Hifonics is having the year of their life. A few years ago their stuff was overrated, but they're fixing that problem. Maxxonics in general is really taking off (and they just bought MB Quart!)
Component - Haven't seen their comp sets, but I know their subs and amps work very well.

But I would not even use the 6x9's, I took out mine because with my pioneer deck i was only running them up to 125hz. Your orions should play the full range plenty fine.

Oh sorry for not introducing myself. My name is Ryan Tann, I'm from N.C.And I was just wondering how my system would fair in a competition. Oh and my car is a 97 Honda Civic EX

For competition? Its up to you. What kind of competing do you want to do?

For SQ and Install, its up to you. If you want to win, you have to spend the most amount of time or money on it.

For SPL, it depends on the event. MECA, SLAP, dBDRAG all have different ways of placing you in a class. Of course, for everything, you should become familiar with the rules. But you should do fine for your first outing(considering your experience and your box will be street tuned).

Back