What Do you think?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TTurbo

Hey everyone, i know its not a honda, but i do have one.
Im posting this to see what people think.
i have a 1984 ford thunderbird turbo coupe, it has the 2.3L motor with a t3 garret turbo.
My plans to modify include, a new t3/t4 hybrid turbo, with a custom madral bent tubular header, 2.5 inch dual exhaust, intercooler, nos intercooler sprayer, 16X8 badbird wheels, the newer hood with the functional scoops, and the rear disc brakes, and a 15 gallon feul cell in teh trunk. and for fluff, a 12 speaker sony xplod sound system.
tell me what you think, cause its like a tuner car sort of, but its full size and rear wheel drive, but thats what i like. oh before any mods its already making 200 horse for factory in '84 thats pretty good.

The SVO motor is pretty potent. I'd lose the NOS intercooler sprayer, and go with a single 3.5" exhaust, and ditch the Xplod system. If you're going to go with "fluff" get some real speakers and components like Rockford, Eclipse, JL, ect.

Xplod... fuck...

ok, ill stick up for that. Xplod isnt that bad for the price. you could do worse.

i myself have a pair of xplod 10's, the pentagon series. you can ask airjockie and celerity, they hit decent with a correct enclosure.

sounds like it could be quite the sleeper. as for your speaker stuff...id get some mb quart componets, eclipse 8800 subs, rockford amps, alpine cd player... atleast thats what id do if i was into stereo stuff.

i personally wouldnt buy anything that had the pronunciation of explode in it

Fuck the system, lets talk motor.... Yo man, the SVO motors can make serious power. There is a guy here w/ one in a fox body stang, full drag car, ran 9.90's doing 3 foot wheel stands.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jan 3 2004, 02:02 PM
sounds good i guess, but shouldnt you be on a ford board? :ghey: :axe: :woo:

I agree 100%
:ghey: :axe:

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jan 3 2004, 05:02 PM
sounds good i guess, but shouldnt you be on a ford board? :ghey: :axe: :woo:

and shouldn't you be on a Mirage board...what with your Mitsubishi and all. <_<

:p :p :lol:

revolution8k Posted on Jan 4 2004, 05:25 PM
QUOTE (TurboMirage @ Jan 3 2004, 05:02 PM)
sounds good i guess, but shouldnt you be on a ford board?

and shouldn't you be on a Mirage board...what with your Mitsubishi and all.

:owned:

Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Jan 4 2004, 06:30 PM
revolution8k Posted on Jan 4 2004, 05:25 PM
  QUOTE (TurboMirage @ Jan 3 2004, 05:02 PM)
sounds good i guess, but shouldnt you be on a ford board?   

and shouldn't you be on a Mirage board...what with your Mitsubishi and all. 

:owned:

:owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned: :owned:

Chris is cool...the kids got some talent...I don't know what it is yet, but it's there. I helped him get his CRX on the road, but he went ballistic and tryed to 4X4 it, then blew it up.... then I helped him build up his EG6, and it would have been mint, if the wheels stayed on the ground, but shit happens. Then out of nowhere, he buys a granny car...and is inthrilled to make it turn heads...it might happen, but this time...I'll only help him when he really needs help, lately he has done good, and with what he's got, he can make it perform. Granted, that might be his talent....and he's getting better. I'm sure if the kid had a real machine, properly built up, he would get some sponsers and maybe make it into the big league's, but his impatience and choice of the machine might hurt him. He should have stuck to the 240sx....it was cool, and it had possibilities.....

/rant over...back on topic

I got out of the domestic markets and upgrades...so I can't give any hints on what to do, but the project that this post was for, sounds cool......I even like the speaker choice....I has 10 speakers in the CRX...and it was sweet.

Back