What do you think......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ok, I need to make some IC pipes now.

Would it be smart to use plastic, like PVC pipe. I know this is a little ghetto and HMT material. What are the downsides going to be? Any upsides? Is the shit gonna melt? What if I just used it on the cold side of the IC? I can get mandrel bent pipes around here but it's expensive as hell compared to plces like kteller.

I have no problem with getting some mandrel bent pipes, BUT I hate waiting for shit and would rather just do it with what I can get and I can't weld for shit so I'd have to bring it somewhere after I cut it.

Would you use PVC pipe for your charge pipes?

umm why not just go to jcwhitney.com and buy some custom aluminum bends and straights/ whatever you need and doing it right....its not that expensive....and also i would never reccomend making intercooler piping otu of pvc. That is some straight jimmyrigged halfass shit if ibve ever heard of it

lol, I guess you think its a pretty shitty idea.

I know, it's only a hundred bucks or less to make them just wanted opinions on that.

I think I'm going to just buy some piping from kteller or JCW.

Now that I think a little harder, it will probably melt or some shit will happen.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Mar 8 2005, 06:57 PM
I think I'm going to just buy some piping from kteller or JCW.

Now that I think a little harder, it will probably melt or some shit will happen.
[post=470851]Quoted post[/post]​

Not that it will melt, but rather that its heavy as shit compared to aluminum piping, gay when u try to make bends out of it, and its just not worth it.

If I did decide to actually use PVC, I don't think it weighs that much more. I'd say at most 10lbs which isn't that bad.

Also If I go with aluminum, I don't know anyone who can weld it good so I'd probably use those silicone couplers. I already made my upper charge pipe out of aluminun and have the BOV placed in.

Back