What Does A B18c Come Out Of?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a chance to buy a B18C cheap. Its a B18C not B18C1. What does the B18C come out of? Like what trim model of the Integra?

if its a B18C its a JDM engine ... its either from a GSR or an ITR.... got pics?? look at the intake manifold ... that will be the easiest way to tell

if it's JDM, wouldnt the GSR say B18C on the block, and an ITR would say B18CR?

no both say B18C on them

a GSR will look like this:
Dc2Sir.jpg

an ITR will look like this:
Dc2Reng.jpg

the valve cover color is not important.... just look at the intake manifolds

b18c DOES NOT MEAN JDM. thats is simply the engine code it means its a GSR motor if t says b18c5 then its a type-R motor and as for telling if its JDM just look at which way the intake manifold comes off if you were to put intake on the motor and the intake sits on the left side of the motor then its USDM if it sits on the right side then its JDM ...hope i helped ya ...later

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Apr 4 2003, 12:01 PM
b18c DOES NOT MEAN JDM. thats is simply the engine code it means its a GSR motor if t says b18c5 then its a type-R motor and as for telling if its JDM just look at which way the intake manifold comes off if you were to put intake on the motor and the intake sits on the left side of the motor then its USDM if it sits on the right side then its JDM ...hope i helped ya ...later

JDM dosen't have anything after the the code. (Example, B18C = JDM GSR/ITR, B18C1 = USDM GSR, B18C5 = USDM ITR, B18C3 = EDM ITR, B16A = JDM SiR, B16A2/3 = USDM Si/Del Sol VTEC, etc)

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Apr 4 2003, 11:01 AM

the intake is on the same side whether its usdm or jdm, ace.

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Apr 4 2003, 12:01 PM

:rolleyes:
ummmmm what??????
your a fucking crackhead
the only thing that is backwards on a JDM engine as opposed to a USDM engine is the wiring harness
you obviously know nothing
please refrain from posting ever again
fuckin dumbass :bash:

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Apr 4 2003, 06:01 PM

I know,I know,everyones taken their punches and it is a cheap shot kickin' a dude when he's down....but what the fuck are you thinking?Were you drunk or something?

:werd: What a dumass. If the valve cover is red thats the JDM y0!

Seriously though, no JDM honda motor code ends in a #. Ever. (Except for CRX) USDM motors do.
You either have a Integra SiR motor or a Integra Type R. Or somebody filled the 1 on your B18C1 motor and smoothed it out which I have seen done before.

Just look at the intake manifold for secondary confirmation. They look really different.

If you can get it cheap it's probably stolen/messed up or other. Those motors are in high demand, so getting them cheap is usually sketchy unless it's a hookup from a good friend of yours.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Apr 4 2003, 09:37 PM

Seriously though, no JDM honda motor code ends in a #. Ever.

Tsk,tsk,your forgetting,there was one B16A1 that came in the JDM crx ( ? ) for the first year or so,that had A1 at the end,but after that,no they don't have numbers.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Apr 4 2003, 12:34 PM-->
b18vtecrx
@Apr 4 2003, 12:01 PM

:rolleyes:
ummmmm what??????
your a fucking crackhead
the only thing that is backwards on a JDM engine as opposed to a USDM engine is the wiring harness
you obviously know nothing
please refrain from posting ever again
fuckin dumbass :bash:

ok because im incidentally wrong one fucking time doesnt mean im a dumass or a fucking crackhead so shut your mouth. you can say that im wrong but there is no need to be calling me shit . and i belive your wrong about the wiring harness being the only thing on the opposite side. bye

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 4 2003, 03:05 PM-->
b18vtecrx
@Apr 4 2003, 06:01 PM

I know,I know,everyones taken their punches and it is a cheap shot kickin' a dude when he's down....but what the fuck are you thinking?Were you drunk or something?

and what gives you space to say anything about me? your right you are taking hits while im down ..so why would you do it? i was only wrong about one thing how would that cause you to say that im drunk? think before you speak. im tired of people being dicks to me on here and over stupid shit too like this..im wrong about one thing and i get all this crap.

Originally posted by b18vtecrx Posted on Apr 5 2003@ 03:58 AM
think before you speak. im tired of people being dicks to me on here and over stupid shit too like this..im wrong about one thing and i get all this crap.

Take a pill man.It's not like you were wrong about say the spline count of a 90-93 teg axles or something,that is a pretty big mistake there,so maybe you should be the one to think before you fucking speak.

Back