What Does A B18c Come Out Of?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by b18vtecrx+Apr 4 2003, 09:52 PM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 4 2003, 12:34 PM
b18vtecrx
@Apr 4 2003, 12:01 PM
b18c DOES NOT MEAN JDM. thats is simply the engine code it means its a GSR motor if t says b18c5 then its a type-R motor and as for telling if its JDM just look at which way the intake manifold comes off if you were to put intake on the motor and the intake sits on the left side of the motor then its USDM if it sits on the right side then its JDM ...hope i helped ya ...later

:rolleyes:
ummmmm what??????
your a fucking crackhead
the only thing that is backwards on a JDM engine as opposed to a USDM engine is the wiring harness
you obviously know nothing
please refrain from posting ever again
fuckin dumbass :bash:

ok because im incidentally wrong one fucking time doesnt mean im a dumass or a fucking crackhead so shut your mouth. you can say that im wrong but there is no need to be calling me shit . and i belive your wrong about the wiring harness being the only thing on the opposite side. bye

ok, since he DID an ITR swap into a USDM, I would say he is right, and you are WRONG. Common sense says--RHD = JDM, LHD = USDM. Therefore, we must conclude that a wiring harness would be opposite.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 4 2003, 04:02 PM-->
TRuggiero_
@Apr 4 2003, 09:37 PM

Seriously though, no JDM honda motor code ends in a #. Ever.

Tsk,tsk,your forgetting,there was one B16A1 that came in the JDM crx ( ? ) for the first year or so,that had A1 at the end,but after that,no they don't have numbers.

Wanna make a bet on that?

b16A... NO number. Everyone ASSUMES 1 because the 2 is the 99-00 Si, and the 3 is the Del Sol VTEC.

Here's MY 89 Integra VTi engine code. There is NO 1. And YOU just got :owned: :ufucktard: :)

blockgrindage.jpg

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Apr 4 2003, 09:52 PM
ok because im incidentally wrong one fucking time doesnt mean im a dumass or a fucking crackhead so shut your mouth. you can say that im wrong but there is no need to be calling me shit . and i belive your wrong about the wiring harness being the only thing on the opposite side. bye

i have a JDM B18C/R in my car right now
i did the swap myself (with the help of some friends)
i think i know what the engine looks like
the harness is the only thing that is backwards on the engine

i have no clue where you got your information from .... but its wrong

and SiR Kid there was a JDM B16A1

s3dc4b13a7a548.jpg

there wasnt a lot of them made it was basicly a special edition of the CRX

b18c DOES NOT MEAN JDM. thats is simply the engine code it means its a GSR motor if t says b18c5 then its a type-R motor and as for telling if its JDM just look at which way the intake manifold comes off if you were to put intake on the motor and the intake sits on the left side of the motor then its USDM if it sits on the right side then its JDM ...hope i helped ya ...later

Thanks alot fuctard you. I went looking for motors the other day at this jap shop. I spent an hour arguing with this japeneese dude about which side the intake is on, on the jdm motor and i was wrong all that time. Thanks alot you dumbass fuctard last time i listen to you.

Ouch, I would never argue with a jap in a swap shop. If he tells me B16's have 8 cylinders I'll be damned if I'm gonna argue with him. Especially if my knowledge is based upon some n00b's assinine comments on hondaswap.com.

NO No NO!!!!!!!!!!!! regardless whether the car is USDM or JDM, The computer, wiring harness, engine and tranny are on the same side of the car. Next time you get a chance to look at a JDM front clip, take a note of where the computer is

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Apr 5 2003, 01:49 PM
NO No NO!!!!!!!!!!!! regardless whether the car is USDM or JDM, The computer, wiring harness, engine and tranny are on the same side of the car.

That's not what they are saying. The wiring harness is opposite because of the RHD. It's all in the same place in the cars, the wires themselves are opposite of USDM wires.

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Apr 5 2003, 01:49 PM
NO No NO!!!!!!!!!!!! regardless whether  the car is USDM or JDM,  The computer, wiring harness, engine and tranny are on the same side of the car.  Next time you get a chance to look at a JDM front clip, take a note of where the computer is

look .... i HAVE a JDM engine in my car
the harness IS BACKWARDS
because the ECU is in the corner of the passenger side foot well

what side is the passenger side on a JDM car????????
hmmmmmmmmmmm its on the left
what side is the passenger side on a USDM car ????????
holy fuck its on the right

the harness is backwards
the plugs on the shock towers are on the opposite sides
hell the battery is even on the opposite side

engine.jpg

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Apr 5 2003, 08:48 AM
Wanna make a bet on that?

b16A... NO number. Everyone ASSUMES 1 because the 2 is the 99-00 Si, and the 3 is the Del Sol VTEC.

Here's MY 89 Integra VTi engine code. There is NO 1. And YOU just got :owned: :ufucktard: :)

Aside from the ownage that E_solsi imparted,there actually are tons of B16A1's,Japan doesn't have them except for the previously mentioned CRX,but the rest of the world does.In my car is a B16A2 from a 93 civic VTi,I live in Germany and there are numbers at the end and if you look at how they go,the numbering sequence does make sense 89-91 B16A1,92-95 B16A2 and 94-95 B16A3,and then there is the ever so seemingly unknown B16A4 which was available almost everywhere outside of America and Japan in some 96+ models,of course after that the sequence reverts to B16A2 for the 96+VTi and the statesside SI's.

You can have these back now :owned: :ufucktard: I'll keep this one :)

Back