What does everybody think about the newer Si's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The civic did not die in 92...completely disagree on that one and I agree with eg6sir they kinda grow on you. If you lower it though it makes it look way better

to me the civic didnt reach its peek until i think it was 98 then the new one have a far better motor and the body will grow on you

as an owner of an 07, I have to day they are a really nice ride. Comfy, sporty, good looking, etc.
My only complaint is 3rd gear -heard it was a common issue with owners.

i like the new model Si a lot. i prefer the coupe... lowered with subtle mods at most, they look real sharp.

as an owner of an 07, I have to day they are a really nice ride. Comfy, sporty, good looking, etc.
My only complaint is 3rd gear -heard it was a common issue with owners.

Yeah there is a problem with 3rd. Just like alot of Honda performance tranmissions, eg: ITR.

I drove one back to the dealer after tinting it and I loved the way it handled and cornered. I didnt want to take it back. All I wanted to do was hit the freeway and open it up.:D

Yeah there is a problem with 3rd. Just like alot of Honda performance tranmissions, eg: ITR.

I really never knew about it until I made a post last year on here. Has it shown up yet as a recall or anything?
I might be paying a visit to my dealer this Monday.

Yeah, there is something out for it, not really a recall though. I'm not sure but call your dealer and see if they have a TSB out. They will run the vin on your car and see if it has been done (idk if you bought it new or not). I don't work in Honda service so I'm not exactly sure what they do with it. But, from what I remember hearing they have a fix, and I don't think you'll be charged. Though, don't yell at me if they do not. I'm not 100% ^^/.

i think the new Si is garbage
the handling is mediocre
the brakes suck ass and overheat very quickly
the body lines suck
the dash sucks unless you want to start a farm on it
and according to consumer reports its the least reliable honda in the lineup

ur not listening. they come w/ one but i've seen them w/o it when they have been removed thru theft or by the owner for styling reasons. i'm regretting the initial spoiler comment but the spoiler can make/break the car.

ur not listening. they come w/ one but i've seen them w/o it when they have been removed thru theft or by the owner for styling reasons. i'm regretting the initial spoiler comment but the spoiler can make/break the car.

Totally agree with your second point.

Back