what does "Import" and "Domestic" really mean

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

besides that so many domestic companies are making import-esque cars now to bank off the tf&tf craze.
i mean christ, next year you can buy a cavalier with stock turbo. srt4 anyone? the gto is being made just to compete (more like own) the current sport compact scene. there is no distinction between import and domestic anymore.
all that argument ever was to me was a 4cyl vs v8 argument. kids in there hondas and old guys with mullets in there hotrods.

hehehe my honda was made in japan :D

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 10 2003, 09:05 PM

So was mine.

How about defining "import" and "domestic" as just the origin of the parent company? That's about all it really means these days, if you're going to break it down to parts content and assembly location. Hell, the Accord that we know now is only available to the States. The Accord everywhere else in the world is what we know as the TSX.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 10 2003, 10:16 PM
How about defining "import" and "domestic" as just the origin of the parent company?

thats how i generally define it

got ya'll beat.

90 4-door civic blown engine made in america

91 H/B every thing is fucked on it made in canada

just bought today. 90 crx the clutch went out 22 miles after I left the dealership! MADE IN JAPAN :p

My nieghbors love me :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta+Jul 10 2003, 09:16 PM-->
@Jul 10 2003, 09:05 PM

So was mine.

How about defining "import" and "domestic" as just the origin of the parent company? That's about all it really means these days, if you're going to break it down to parts content and assembly location. Hell, the Accord that we know now is only available to the States. The Accord everywhere else in the world is what we know as the TSX.

me 3.

we got fucked. everywhere else gets the TSX cheap.. here we gotta pay $$$$ for it.

honda is damn good at making money.

just saw in the new scc. they are coming out with a saturn ion redline edition. 200hp stock and it has a WIDEbody kit on it from the factory. i mean WIDE. looks like a jap road car or something. kinda cool looking.
just nother domestic (gm) making import style cars.

i cant name them off the top of my head, but 3 gm cars will have honda engines in them next year

Back