What does your build consist of?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohcslammer

I just thought it would be interesting to list your car, mods, how much you spent, dyno plots, or 1/4 mile times. Maybe with a thread like this then people will realize how much it costs for certain setups and how fast 200 wheel hp really is...

I guess I'll start with my last civic since my new one isn't done yet -

94 EG coupe

GSR motor
GSR tranny
ITR pistons and cams
chipped ECU
i/h/e
other random crap
Gutted from the front seats back

Went 13.7 @ 103mph spinning through third on 17 inch falcons

97 teggy rs

ls/vtec(not finished yet)
-b16 head(stock)
-b18b block(gsr pistons, arp rod bolts, gsr water and oil pumps)
-str intake manifold
-str throttle body 68mm
-carbon fiber intake
-str fuel rail
-450 dsm blue top injectors
-b&m fuel pressure regulator
-custom header
-mugen style exhaust that is way too loud
suspension
-skunk 2 coilovers with tokico shocks
-skunk 2 camber kit

motor will be installed in the winter and i want to have some kind of boost by summer but i think im gonna replace all internals before the boost.

Cost? Power? 1/4 mile time?

I don't want this to turn into a dick measuring contest. Motors that aren't built yet don't really count unless you have already bought most of the parts and have an idea of the cost or the power you will have. For example, I am building the motor in my SI right now (see sig) but I haven't finished buying all the parts, and I really have no idea how much power I'll put down. I'm hoping for 190+ off the bottle....

garret t3/to4e turbo .60 a/r housing 57 trim wheel turbo , greddy ss blow off 12 lbs spring , tial waste gate (dont remember spec think 50mm) custom fab turbo mani done bye s&s minneapolis identical to most ram horn designs 1/8" thick wall 4-1 merge collector
1 1/2" 304L equal length runners the . just running an fmu and 6 lbs of boost. the motor pr3 head type r cam shafts (itr ex ctr intake) ferrea valves arp head studs cometic head gasket ctr crank shaft and end caps skunk2 cams nothing done with cylinder walls or pistons yet..which is why boost is low!

Originally posted by b204dr@Nov 16 2004, 04:58 PM
garret t3/to4e turbo .60 a/r housing 57 trim wheel turbo , greddy ss blow off 12 lbs spring , tial waste gate (dont remember spec think 50mm) custom fab turbo mani done bye s&s minneapolis identical to most ram horn designs 1/8" thick wall 4-1 merge collector
1 1/2" 304L equal length runners the . just running an fmu and 6 lbs of boost. the motor pr3 head type r cam shafts (itr ex ctr intake) ferrea valves arp head studs cometic head gasket ctr crank shaft and end caps skunk2 cams nothing done with cylinder walls or pistons yet..which is why boost is low!
[post=417819]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you guys retarded? Anyone can read your sig and see what you PLAN on doing to your car. I want people to respond who have dynoed their cars or gone to the track. And some costs would be nice....

You guys are missing the point. :(

Calesta, pissedoffsol, pills, asmallsol, dohcvtecaccord, gsrcrx, all you fuckers with built motors - :feedback:

1990 crx si
b16a
type r valves, loss motion assemblies and valve springs
Dave Hickman intake manifold with a 74 to a 68 mm taper (dont ask :D )
Aem hybrid intake
Type r pistons (not sure of the rods off hand)
Dc sports 4-1 header
Tanabe Super Racing medallion exhaust
B&m fuel pressue regulator
Golden Eagle fuel rail
Stock injectors
190 Walboro fuel pump
Mild pnp
Buddy club p1s with s03s
Sparco toreno seats (sp)
Mugen 2 layer head gasket
Hondata stage 3 tuned by Tempest Racing at 193 hp to the wheels

Thats my buds crx... and total he is around 12 grand with the car. Thats everything

My old 95 coupe
b18c
Gsr tranny with lsd
Aem v2 intake
Dc Sports 4-1 header
Hks Hi Power exhaust
Gsr 6 spokes with azenies
Hondata stage one tuned by mid atlantic motorsports at 179hp @ 146ft/lbs
And i spent 10 grandish into it... just to total it a little while after :bangdesk: ...
But i would do it again if i had the money and the "real life" didnt come so quickly :D
But i am fine with my stock hatch woth the steelies for the winter.

edit : my buds crx turned a 13.4 with slicks. And my coupe turned a 14.2 with azenies.

this should be interesting.
i can give you a lap time of 2:25 at thunder hill, but no 1/4 mile, i dont do that :p
but here is what i have
94 civic del sol vtec ($4k)
96 spec R long block w/toda pistons & ctr intake cam ($2.5k)
rebuilt tranny with 4.78FD and ATS LSD ($1.2k)
550cc injectors ($110)
hondata ($200)
tuning ($250)
exhaust ($200) (muffler man special :) )
header ($250) (jdm DC)
intake ($120) (homemade CAI with K&N filter)
cam gears ($120) (Used golden eagle)
tein HA's ($700)
type R rear sway ($120)
total = $9,770
ACK, i wish i didn't add all that up! lol

and i think thats it... she only made 180whp and 132lb/ft tq. she needs smaller injectors and a better tune. maybe cams?

Originally posted by B16@Nov 16 2004, 05:51 PM
this should be interesting.
i can give you a lap time of 2:25 at thunder hill, but no 1/4 mile, i dont do that :p
but here is what i have
94 civic del sol vtec ($4k)
96 spec R long block w/toda pistons & ctr intake cam ($2.5k)
rebuilt tranny with 4.78FD and ATS LSD ($1.2k)
550cc injectors ($110)
hondata ($200)
tuning ($250)
exhaust ($200) (muffler man special :) )
header ($250) (jdm DC)
intake ($120) (homemade CAI with K&N filter)
cam gears ($120) (Used golden eagle)
tein HA's ($700)
type R rear sway ($120)
total = $9,770
ACK, i wish i didn't add all that up! lol

and i think thats it... she only made 180whp and 132lb/ft tq. she needs smaller injectors and a better tune. maybe cams?
[post=417836]Quoted post[/post]​

Nice setup Mike. What c/r are those toda pistons? You should be well over 180... Let me know if you want some cams, I can make you an offer you can't refuse... :lol:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 16 2004, 05:09 PM
Calesta, pissedoffsol, pills, asmallsol, dohcvtecaccord, gsrcrx, all you fuckers with built motors - :feedback:
[post=417824]Quoted post[/post]​

Huh? I just make up dyno charts and pretend to have a car with a decent engine in it. :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 16 2004, 06:22 PM-->
sohcslammer
@Nov 16 2004, 05:09 PM

Huh? I just make up dyno charts and pretend to have a car with a decent engine in it. :lol:
[post=417848]Quoted post[/post]​

Right. And photochoped a B20 VTEC in there? Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Seriously though, post up your BASIC setup (I know you don't like to tell :D ) and what you spent (rounded off to the nearest hundred thou) and how fast it is. I think that is good info especially with all the "what will this setup run" threads sprouting up these days...

I have a B18B1 with AEM V2 cold air intake, DC 4-1 header, Invidia Cat back Exhaust, Taylor 8MM spark plug wires, Crower Stage 2 cams, Crower Dual Springs with Titanium retainers, Venom Adjustable cam gears, Apexi SAFC2, Streamline Racing Short Shifter, and suspension.

Tuned with an SAFC2 at XS Engineering 143hp 118torque.

I have about $3500 in it so far and more to come hopefully.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Nov 16 2004, 07:50 PM
I have a B18B1 with AEM V2 cold air intake, DC 4-1 header, Invidia Cat back Exhaust, Taylor 8MM spark plug wires, Crower Stage 2 cams, Crower Dual Springs with Titanium retainers, Venom Adjustable cam gears, Apexi SAFC2, Streamline Racing Short Shifter, and suspension.

Tuned with an SAFC2 at XS Engineering 143hp 118torque.

I have about $3500 in it so far and more to come hopefully.
[post=417910]Quoted post[/post]​

Bangin' LS motor... :thumbsup:

well my build is in the process so this is my list that i have so far.
b18a w/b18b head, blox intake mani, crower springs and tit ret, eagle hbeam rods,dc cat back, act prolight fw,crower 404's ans s1 tranny. 2500 so far.

now what i am getting. ib 82 mm pistons for 11.3+ comp, portflow full race port and polish w/3 angle vj, camgears, balanced bottom end w/ all new bearings, fake j's cf intake, tb port to 64-66 mm, an-r header and few other things i cant remember.
2500-3000 for what i dont have.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 16 2004, 06:46 PM
Right. And photochoped a B20 VTEC in there? Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Seriously though, post up your BASIC setup (I know you don't like to tell :D ) and what you spent (rounded off to the nearest hundred thou) and how fast it is. I think that is good info especially with all the "what will this setup run" threads sprouting up these days...
[post=417860]Quoted post[/post]​

There's no more B20/VTEC in there. :p

Honestly, I've detailed the build quite a few times on the forum, and it's a LONG list of stuff so I don't really want to type it all up again.

Just :search:

:lol:

Basics:

85.5mm x 89mm
12.77:1 compression

190hp/160lbft at the wheels

The last time I ran a quarter mile, it was two engines ago. The car has only sprinted the strip one time. I'm guessing deep in the 13s, but I honestly don't know and don't really care to try it again until I finish the engine. I don't really care for drag racing. I do know that it will outrun a new STi with 2 pounds of extra boost and some fuel tuning by about 2 car lengths from a dead stop to 80mph.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 16 2004, 03:06 PM
Nice setup Mike. What c/r are those toda pistons? You should be well over 180... Let me know if you want some cams, I can make you an offer you can't refuse... :lol:
[post=417842]Quoted post[/post]​

12.3:1 CR. what cams do you have? and how much? :) i need injecotrs too.. thinking of either 440cc or 370cc.

my motor is stock, lol

91 crx si
GSR engine
skunk2 intake manifold
k&n filter in stock air box with fabbed up ebay intake tube
soon to be b16 cable tranny
stock header
clutchmasters HD pp
exedy disc

thats really it for the engine. the rest of my build is in the suspension
GC coils
tokico illuminas
GC top hats
poly bushings
jimfab bar

98 civic ex 4dr

D16Y8
Stillen 4-1 header
2 1/4" catback with magnaflow muffler
short air intake

still slower than dirt, $350 later.

wut u see below plus

type r header
p28 by jdmhondaparts.com (or wutever there new website is called)
and a bumper consisting of 50% bondo from beaners trying to race me

1/4 14.5 on a drizzly day
dyno ?
cost $4-ISH, dont keep track

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Nov 16 2004, 06:09 PM-->
@Nov 16 2004, 04:58 PM
[post=417819]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you guys retarded? Anyone can read your sig and see what you PLAN on doing to your car. I want people to respond who have dynoed their cars or gone to the track. And some costs would be nice....

You guys are missing the point. :(

my car is built not planned to be built .. dynod at 276 to the wheels , cost around 10k , and runs 12s street as a four door ! have dyno results mustang dyno propulshin mn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back