What doyou guys think of this car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

K, cooler looking than any Civic or Integra could EVER hope to be.

Check out this link, lots of info on engines to build for it:

click\

Here's a couple good pics:
pic
pic2

:D

I saw one of these today on the way home from school, and it lookes sweet. I am not sure on the year of this celica, so could you guys help out? I was wondering if any of you know about these cars, like how good they are, fast? have possibilities? I was wanting a 240z, but might htink about this if its worht it.
gallery_22248_168_16515.jpg

i never even liked the older celicas...but that one looks hott. Kinda like a muscled out import.

I don't know shit about them, so I can't help.

By the way, it's a 1976 Celica ST. Not as fast as the Z, but it's not supposed to be either. You CAN make them fast, I would say just as fast as the Z. But remember that it's a 4 seater coupe, whereas the Z is a low slung sports car.

Are you in the US ?

Where are the mirrors ?

EDIT: And the wipers......

I am not trying to be a jerk or anything but I personally thing the car is hideous. The front end looks like a wannabe mustang and I really dont like the back of it either. So I guess I can say that the door looks nice :unsure:

However, you can also consider this....my favorite car is a Taurus SHO and lots of people thing they look disgusting. Perhaps I just have a different taste. Especially since everyone else seemed to like it.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Feb 22 2005, 03:12 PM
2jz swap!!!!!!
[post=464640]Quoted post[/post]​

Not to be rude or anything, but who's gonna buy that Celica, only to sink $10K on a 2JZ engine, R154 tranny, ECU, driveline, and who knows what other associate components? I'm just sayin'...
The Celica is nice, tho'

(o)(o)

Listen up, Bitches.

First things first. Looks like a Mustang ? You bet. The Celica was directly copied from the Mustang / Shelbys. From Day fucking one. The 20R motor was a direct MG Copy, and the 18RG (as found in that little charm) is directly copied from Austin Healey. Shit, most of the parts are swappable.

It's what the Japanese DID. They took someone's design, and made it awesome. The 22R is one half of a Ford 289. The Bodies are so close to Mustang bodies that it was tempting to call the Datsun 210 / Celica / Mazda Cosmo "Japan's Pony car".

As far as finding parts - Dime a dozen. Toyota Auto Parts (TAPrecycling.com) will be glad to help. Mostly cheap as well.

Modern motors don't belong in these cars. You're talking about a 2JZG(T)E.. it won't fit. You're more likely to stick an american V8 in the sucker, and bolt it to the stock trans (And it DOES bolt up to the Ford V8... remember what I said about copying?). You could even mate the Ford T5 to the rear... or go one step further and put a 289/302/351 to a T5, to a custom drive shaft to a complete Ford 9" rear and you're driving a high performance Mustang at half the weight, and twice the surprise.

7MG(T)E engines bolt to the W58. As far as the R154 - Don't know, don't care. New Toyota sucks.

-> Steve

Let the classics rock your face.

and celerity strikes again. lol. i'd love to get one of those in good condition and do me up a nice 302 with a T5. and 9" mmm, sleeperish. lol

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 23 2005, 03:14 PM
Listen up, Bitches.

First things first. Looks like a Mustang ? You bet. The Celica was directly copied from the Mustang / Shelbys. From Day fucking one. The 20R motor was a direct MG Copy, and the 18RG (as found in that little charm) is directly copied from Austin Healey. Shit, most of the parts are swappable.

It's what the Japanese DID. They took someone's design, and made it awesome. The 22R is one half of a Ford 289. The Bodies are so close to Mustang bodies that it was tempting to call the Datsun 210 / Celica / Mazda Cosmo "Japan's Pony car".

As far as finding parts - Dime a dozen. Toyota Auto Parts (TAPrecycling.com) will be glad to help. Mostly cheap as well.

Modern motors don't belong in these cars. You're talking about a 2JZG(T)E.. it won't fit. You're more likely to stick an american V8 in the sucker, and bolt it to the stock trans (And it DOES bolt up to the Ford V8... remember what I said about copying?). You could even mate the Ford T5 to the rear... or go one step further and put a 289/302/351 to a T5, to a custom drive shaft to a complete Ford 9" rear and you're driving a high performance Mustang at half the weight, and twice the surprise.

7MG(T)E engines bolt to the W58. As far as the R154 - Don't know, don't care. New Toyota sucks.

-> Steve

Let the classics rock your face.
[post=465293]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh noes! a toyota fact steve doesn't know! :lol:

7MGE - W58 trans
7MG(T)E - R154 trans

thats crazy that they are copied, cause the first thing i thought when i saaw it in person was that it was a mustang

Back