What DSM 450cc injectors fit my 95 TEG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96coupeb18

I have a 95 TEG GSR, and I am putting together my turbo stuff, and I am thinking of using DSM Injectors and was wondering which ones I can use 1G or 2G and which ones will go right in without having to change injector plugs thanks

dsm 450's are abad choice for a honda, just get some rc 440's.

post specs on what turbo yor using, i/c, piping, exhaust, and projected power goals.

I am using a t3/t4 hybrid, fMIC 18X9X3 and 2.5" exhaust from downpipe back, and want to get at least 250whp , I also have a Super Underdrive Pulley(8oz.), Fidanza 8.5lb flywheel, and will be getting a Hondata S200 system.

skip the underdrive pulley, get 3" exhaust, how much boost are you gonna run? bottom end modification?

Well I already got the underdrive pulley and I want to run as much boost as I can for a daily driver , but safely. No Bottom end mods, but all main bearing and rod bearings were replaced about a year ago and piston rings were added and it has been compression test and it is healthly. 185psi across (avg). What is the most boost I should run with a t3/t4 hybrid?? for daily driving on GSR

get some arp con rod bolts, and some arp head studs. what kind of fmic is it, do youknow how efficient it is? how big is you i/c piping? what kind of fuel management are you running, also upgrade to a walboro fuel pump.

i think with good tuning and 93 octane you could hit 10 psi. which should put you right at 280hp.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Sep 26 2003, 06:52 PM

explain why you think this-

either 1g or 2g will work...the injector seals have to be sanded slightly for them to fit

I am using a Griffin Intercooler custom made which is suppose to be super efficient, cools air charge about 30% more than a normal FMIC ie spearco better core from what I have been told. Intercooler piping is 2.5" I am running a Vortech FMU and stock GSR injectors , what calibration should I use I was told 8:1. AND ALSO 10psi wont be to much for a daily driver???? as long as I get proper fuel and maybe later add a MSD I should be ok a 10psi???? thanks saturnboy96

SolReaver Posted on Sep 28 2003, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (saturn_boy96 @ Sep 26 2003, 06:52 PM)

explain why you think this-

either 1g or 2g will work...the injector seals have to be sanded slightly for them to fit

cause there is a lot of extra wiring involved, and you have to source parts from an old crx si. its only really worth it if you already have the extra parts you need.

96coupeb18: 10 psi is possible, but it really depends on your fuel management and tuning, but having a super effiecient intercooler will help A LOT. i don't think you will need an msd until you hit more than 300whp. you will have to uprgade your injectors, because from what i have seen FMU's are only really useful when your goals are at most 220 crank hp. if you want anymore than that you have to upgrade your injectors.

so with injectors your opions are:

dsm 450's with injector resistor box from 88-91 crx si.
or rc 440's that will plug and play
or you could send a used set to rc and have them size them for your particular needs.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Sep 29 2003, 11:54 AM

cause there is a lot of extra wiring involved, and you have to source parts from an old crx si. its only really worth it if you already have the extra parts you need.

sorry, you are incorrect.

he already has the proper injector clips, and they will fit without ANY wiring. the only thing that needs to be done is wire inline resistors. they are 3 bucks at radioshack.

or, the resistor box is available as well. find them on obd0 hondas.

now, leave it up to him to decide if he wants to pay 50 bucks for dsm injectors and do 3 mins of wiring the resistors in, or pay well over 200 for rc's. :)

Originally posted by 96coupeb18@Sep 29 2003, 07:18 AM
I am running a Vortech FMU and stock GSR injectors , what calibration should I use I was told 8:1. AND ALSO 10psi wont be to much for a daily driver???? as long as I get proper fuel and maybe later add a MSD I should be ok a 10psi???? thanks saturnboy96

if you are using stock injectors- use the 12:1 disk in teh fmu

i dont think i'd go over 7-8 psi on that setup though...

forget about the msd unit as well..not worth it

there always is the option to run uberdata...does pretty much the same stuff as hondata, and its free :)

Also guys I am using a S-AFC and I was wondering what should I adjust my fuel curves to (increasing wise) since I will be running a FMU. Currently I have +10% all the way to 5000RPM then +20%@6000RPM and +25%@7000RPM should I leave at that and let the FMU Take of the rest of the fuel , or what are some recommendations for S-AFC Settings on a GSR with 8 psi boost in say the 3000-7000 RPM Range thanks guys

Originally posted by 96coupeb18@Sep 29 2003, 04:48 PM
Also guys I am using a S-AFC and I was wondering what should I adjust my fuel curves to (increasing wise) since I will be running a FMU. Currently I have +10% all the way to 5000RPM then +20%@6000RPM and +25%@7000RPM should I leave at that and let the FMU Take of the rest of the fuel , or what are some recommendations for S-AFC Settings on a GSR with 8 psi boost in say the 3000-7000 RPM Range thanks guys

ok you have an afc and a fmu???

do you have a missing link installed?

my advice- throw the fmu in the dumpster, pick up some dsm injectors, sell the missing link and run the afc hack

set fuel correction to -40% to start off with and tune it from there

solreaver>>>>>>me. i always thought the dsm's were a lot harder to do than that. thanks for the info. (i hope i am a little slower to run my mouth the next time.)

96coupeb18: let us know how it turns out :thumbsup:

Where is info on the AFC HACK, dont I need the missing link for map sensor and dont I need the FMU for proper fuel management???? Or is the AFC is basically my Fuel Management Unit and injectors are controlled by it, thanks

the fmu is only for increasing fuel pressure. the thought is that by increasing fuel pressure your injectors can send more fuel into the combustion chamber to prevent detination. this only really works when your hp gains are minimal.

since your going turbo your hp gains are going to be to large for a fmu to be sufficient, so use the afc as your fuel management and if you use the afc hack it bypasses the map sensor, and also allows you to boost more than 7psi.

here is a link i found when i searched "safc hack" on google. good info, even tho its for a d-series. exactly what you want to know.

Back