what ecu do i have?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EkSivik_99

Yea Ho FO SHo
ok heres the story startn to notice lots and lil things bout my car and the swap that was done. when i first baught the car it was a 99 civic si with a 94 gsr swap. the motor then went out leaven me to build a new one. as the motor was pulled i noticed three big connecters that were not connected behind the block. as for the ecu i noticed there are 3 plugs and the green one is the one not plugd in. after doing some research. i come to see its and si harness. a gsr harness was never used. so my question is, is the ecu a gsr ecu or an si ecu and will this effect my ls vtec in any way. as far as those 3 big connecters does it matter not being connected any where?

here for a better idea of those connecters heres a pic of an si harness i found on ebay their the big ones in the bottom right hand corner the blue one and the big grey round ones. and for the ecu the blue and grey are the only two plugd into my ecu the green is not. their on the top right hand corner the SQAURE ones

http://www.oniva.com/upload/1374/DSC01169.JPG

Last edited:
Look in the reference section in the general tech forums there's an ecu list with the code/number. When you look at sticker on the ecu it should have the 3-digit number/letter code on it somewhere in the middle of the whole code on it.

thanks i was searchn for a forum like that and couldnt find one. as far all the other ?'s still need answers

Well of course it matters if connectors are connected. The motor won't function right without the ecu reading and adjusting everything.

As far as wiring and ls/vtec motors, I have no clue. You might want to wait for someone else to help you on that one, but as far as using an Si harness on a GSR motor if the OBD is the same, there shouldn't be a problem they're both B-series.

Back